Tips for Newbies?

drasnordrasnor Starship OperatorHawthorne, CA Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming
I'm spam dying basically all the time and it's killing this game for me. What am I doing wrong? Also, I can't chat in guild channel.

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    We had a hard time figuring out that the mission quests are basically way ahead of the areas - so you have to make yourself do some lower level events/ rep quests to help level up before doing the main story quests.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    If you're not plate or chain, stay the hell out of melee. You will get blitzed in seconds flat. That's the big thing that took me a few levels to get the hang of.
  • Don't do quests/areas more than a level above yourself.

Keep moving around as caster/ranged (unless you have to stay still).

Try and level all the different weapons your class has available. With weapon swapping (or attunement swapping for Elementalist) you can create some fun combos.

If you see someone running around in the same questing area you are in, try to follow with them. All parties involved in a kill/ally res/other parts of reputation quests will receive some credit. You will both move faster and complete more in general, together. And there is no need to form a party unless you plan to stick with that person for a while.

Join in on events.

Use groups for the skill point challenges.

• You can double tap a directional button to do a barrel roll. This is incredibly important when combating anything past the very basic starting quests when you are getting pelted by projectiles.