ROCCAT Isku and Kone+ keyboard and mouse review

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Special offer: buy this keyboard and mouse, and get a man who haunts your dreams for free!
  • The mouse kone+ stucks on the screen nice....:/ the TCU does not work with mouse pad with different colors on the it's same thought it would be a great mouse :( wasted $80
  • The mouse isn't very good at all, mine broke within 1 month of having it. And just today my isku keyboard has broken, the 'T' and 'Y' keys do not work at all. Now i have gone back to my old keyboard and it doesn't feel right at all!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Well, I've had the opposite experience with the mouse that I won at EPIC. It's worked great for me, with the only initial issue being that the driver software froze up when trying to make changes. That was fixed by adding an exclusion to my real-time virus scanning after precisely one search for that issue.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    I second Tushon's story. My Kova+ mouse (similar to the Kone+) that I got at Icrontic Expo feels nice and works great. I like my Razer Diamondback and Naga a bit better, but it's just personal preference. Also the driver software hangs for about 30 seconds when you apply changes. They go through, but the program is unresponsive during that time. Other than that I'm happy with it, and would definitely consider ROCCAT again.
    Bandrik said:

I second Tushon's story. My Kova+ mouse (similar to the Kone+) that I got at Icrontic Expo feels nice and works great. I like my Razer Diamondback and Naga a bit better, but it's just personal preference. Also the driver software hangs for about 30 seconds when you apply changes. They go through, but the program is unresponsive during that time. Other than that I'm happy with it, and would definitely consider ROCCAT again.

Try what I did (adding the whole Roccat folder to your realtime scanning exclusion list ... it instantly applies settings now)
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Thanks for the pro-tip. I'll give that a shot.
  • I have the same problem with my roccat kone+. It takes about 30 seconds to apply any changes. I put exceptions to firewall and antivirus but it did't help. I'm thinking about giving back my mouse over warranty.
    I'm guessing you didn't do something correctly, as it works perfectly for me and I doubt they'll accept a warranty over a software issue. Firewall has nothing to do with it.

You excluded "C:\Program Files (x86)\ROCCAT" from any real-time scanners (assuming you are on Win7?
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    Looks really cool, makes me want to spend monies....
  • I agree with you on the voice being creepy. It just seems a bit off. They were definitly trying a little to hard to play it off being "cool". YOu can turn the volume down in the software, and if you go to: Program Files\ROCCAT\roccattalk\wave
    theres wav. files for each vocal indicator. I suppose if you replace them with wav. files of your choice it would just play those instead of the original ones. Havent tried it out yet, but am planning on it soon.
    UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Good tip. Thanks!