Icrontic Summer Shindig 2012 - halp?

2»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Isn't there some kind of vehicular display that goes on, which makes people want to come to Detroit for Shindig? Is that not going on this year?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Im thinking I'll be making it there.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I think you don't see any "in" for shindig because nobody has made an official rsvp thread, and this one doesn't look like one at all.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I think you don't see any "in" for shindig because nobody has made an official rsvp thread, and this one doesn't look like one at all.

TAH DAH! http://icrontic.com/discussion/96109/summer-shindig-2012#latest
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I need help with the carriage house roof sometime in the next 30 days.

It needs to be torn down (which will require wearing masks - there is shake shingle under it) and then building a subroof. I am having the metal roof itself professionally installed immediately afterward.

If people have a weekend they're available, let me know (PLEASE) and we'll see if multiple people can converge on the same weekend.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Hey Matt, is the carriage house roof still one of the reasons you can't move in?

It might be more economical in the long run to just bulldoze it and build a modern garage once moved in
    It's the original 2-story 1899 carriage house with hay doors and coppola. Also, the space it pretty critical and full of things I have nowhere else to put.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Wish I could get out there to help :(
    If all the primer peels off the walls you're gonna have a bad time.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Did anyone climb up behind the latex skin and pop out of it as if the wall had given birth?
    WagsFTW