Summer Shindig! 2012

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Community
Summer Shindig (#ICSS - 5th Annual)
17-19 August 2012

A nice quiet adventure, this is our Expo after-glow event. If you couldn't get enough of Icrontic at Expo (or talk to everyone you meant to), come out one more time before summer slips away and hang out on the HQ patio for a barbeque. There is usually a field trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Also:
Lincoln said:

Aug 17-19 is when our low-key summer fiesta is happening this year, but I'm hoping it will be a little bigger than usual. What we really need is another ICSP-style work event down at ICHQ: Detroit, and for a variety of reasons it isn't feasible (or advisable) to do one during Expo.

Here's the situation. The required list of fixes to get the official occupancy permit is still scary, especially because it includes replacing the carriage house roof & painting... everything (inside & out). While we're hoping to skirt this, we must assume that we cannot until we find out otherwise. We absolutely must have a loan in place to tackle the carriage house, so I don't think scheduling this any sooner is wise anyway. It's also going to require a lot of planning that we don't have time to do before Expo.

We could be roofing. We could be digging. I'm sure there will be painting. Hell, maybe we'll be moving. We have no idea. But, we definitely will need help of all kinds. The event is scheduled for the weekend as usual, but if you're helping you can arrive & depart whenever and crash at the house (probably Warren, but who knows).

Thanks folks :)

So if you're gonna make it, REPORT IN!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    People I've seen posted

IN:
    GQueen
    HumerusMeg

MAYBE:
    Wags
    Spencer
    Magic
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    Tentative. I might have to break my 9-year IC event streak. :( I'm not happy about this.

//EDIT: Definitely out. Will be back in town at the beginning of August, and traveling to ICRENN at the end of August. I can't make three trips in a month. God speed, Icrontians!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Tentative also.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I might have to break my 9-year IC non-Renn event streak. :(

ftfy ;)
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    Every single time IC has some sort of event, I'm always busy. All 3 years I've been here, I'm doing shit during every...single...event. I was so excited for expo this year because I thought I could make it but I ended up having schooling during it. When I saw this I got excited, but after checking the date... fuck. Maybe next time, eh?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    You live so close you could just come up here for a day and hang out, you know :p Gnome Queen lives about the same distance away as you do and she's here like all the time (we're sick of her no we're not)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Gnome Queen lives about the same distance away as you do and she's here like all the time (we're sick of her no we're not)

You know you love me.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Gnome Queen lives about the same distance away as you do and she's here like all the time (we're sick of her no we're not)

You know you love me.

My panties are like the ocean ...
    Tushon said:

You know you love me.

IS like the ocean, not are.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Tushon said:

You know you love me.

IS like the ocean, not are.

(Heath Ledger's Joker)
    No no no no no. No

They're salty and smell like fish
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    In tentatively. I might be able to make it down for some of the afternoon/evening on the 18th. 17th is wife's b-day, so that's out. We're leaving for a week on the night of the 19th or early on the 20th, so Sunday is out.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Tentatively in
    And I am out for this.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited July 2012
    Tentative in. If I get a job I won't be able to make it and vice versa.
    2 in, 4 maybes, all from Michigan. Methinks the Shindig is getting retired for the 2013 season. :-/
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

2 in, 4 maybes, all from Michigan. Methinks the Shindig is getting retired for the 2013 season. :-/

Jan. - ICNY
    Mar. - ICSP
    June - EPIC
    Sept. - ICRENN
    Oct./Nov. - ICOK

makes sense.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Also saying "this is a work on our house event" probably turns some people off
    Its the timing issue for me more than anything. I would love to help work on the house.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I'm out. Timing problem. Thought we weren't leaving for vacation until Sunday/Monday. Turns out, Saturday.
    Aight, so what's the deal with this? Who's coming in, and when are y'all coming? :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    I don't think I can make it this weekend :(
  • Aight, so what's the deal with this? Who's coming in, and when are y'all coming? :D

Obviously in but don't know when because I have no idea the general plan on this.
    On the weekends I typically work on the house from 10 or 11am until dinner time. I tell people "noon" because sometimes I have to hit the hardware stores first. I figured we'd generally eat downtown then head back to ICHQ Warren.