Calories In Alcohol

2»

Comments

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    It was a riesling

Thrax said:

Speaking of alcohol, @humerusmeg recently introduced to some sort of red wine I can't recall. And I liked it. Hold the phones, kids, because that's a miracle.

It probably wasn't riesling-- red rieslings are pretty rare from what I've heard. If it really was, it should be very easy to find again.
    It was in fact a red riesling, and a damn good one at that, I picked it out myself! :D (Riesling painters bridge)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Yes, coke zero and cap'n with a shot of lime.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I'm mixing whey protein with my bourbon, bitches ;)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    fatcat said:

I'm mixing whey protein with my bourbon, bitches ;)

That sounds revolting.

It was a riesling

Thrax said:

Speaking of alcohol, @humerusmeg recently introduced to some sort of red wine I can't recall. And I liked it. Hold the phones, kids, because that's a miracle.

It probably wasn't riesling-- red rieslings are pretty rare from what I've heard. If it really was, it should be very easy to find again.
    It was in fact a red riesling, and a damn good one at that, I picked it out myself! :D (Riesling painters bridge)
    Where did you get it, I love riesling and Google is confused by my inquiry. :(
  • You Riesling people would like the grape Auslese. You Merlot people would like the brand Stag's Leap.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

It was a riesling

Thrax said:

It was on the menu at a restaurant we went to, don't know what the specific bottle looks like, just know the name I'm sorry

It was a riesling

Thrax said:

It was on the menu at a restaurant we went to, don't know what the specific bottle looks like, just know the name I'm sorry
    Ahh, I understand. Thanks anyways!
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    BetsyD said:
    Yea I found that, but they don't have a riesling listed at all. :-/
  • You guys I'm a seasoned Riesling geek who has bought in the states for years and made trips to the mosel to enjoy it. I have never seen the red variety, ever. I haven't seen it here or Germany. Wherever you found it, I'd say it's a long shot that you will find it again unless the market is changing. Also, California Rieslings suck. Sorry for our incompetence.

You guys I'm a seasoned Riesling geek who has bought in the states for years and made trips to the mosel to enjoy it. I have never seen the red variety, ever. I haven't seen it here or Germany. Wherever you found it, I'd say it's a long shot that you will find it again unless the market is changing. Also, California Rieslings suck. Sorry for our incompetence.

Honestly I was kind of doubting it myself.
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    So I was intrigued about this whole red riesling business (I love riesling, and it is one of the few lighter wines @cannofodder will drink, so I'd love to find some), so I asked a friend in the "wine world"....and she says it doesn't exist....er...well, it exists, but its one of two things: either 1) a mix of riesling with a red wine like pinot noir, or 2) a wine made with a red grape called traminer (sp??) that they market as riesling bc everyone's heard of it.
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    PS...where did you eat? You can probably work backward easily to a distributor if you really want to find the wine again?
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

BetsyD said:
    Yea I found that, but they don't have a riesling listed at all. :-/
    Yeah, if the Winery itself doesn't list it on it's website I have a hard time believing it to exist. :/

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    tl;dr: it was red. it was good. end.