Interest in new to D&D campaign?

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
I have only a very high level idea of how it works, what websites to use and how long it might take (and that any of these statements may reflect nothing in reality), but I am curious on trying out D&D or a similar style game and wanted to see if there were others who would be interested in it. I know that some ICers use a set time once a week, which seems like a solid idea. I know there is a website to replace the pen and paper portion of the game, and maybe dice? I don't remember. Anyways, I'm sure the vets will have tips and we can go from there. Thanks

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Things you'll want to research:

FantasyGrounds
    Obsidian Portal
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    3) Pathfinder for core rules (commonly called "D & D 3.7") and Forgotten Realms for the most developed campaign setting.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Danke schön
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Well, we were until earlier this year when we finished our last campaign. I'm working on worldbuilding for a new one but it's not going to be ready to play anytime soon.
    That was a new player campaign?I thought that was a lot of the existing players
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Currently, no Icrontians are playing any D&D together (that I know of). We did play a game run by CB for almost 4 years, but that campaign came to an end earlier this year. His campaign materials are now part of a Kickstarter project to get the campaign setting published.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The thing is this: there is no reason to play a campaign that is specifically for new players. Best to mix old and new together, as we did, and to have a DM who is not completely new to the game.
    Right. I am framing that only in that I am totally new to it and wondered if there were any other totally news who were interested then work on GM and any other olds who wanted to jump in.