EVE trials for Icrontians

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited October 2012 in Gaming
If anyone wants to give EVE a shot, use this shill link.

The new update is coming soon, with some sweet stuff in the works:
Bounty Hunting!!
New Destroyers!
Reworked Industrial Ships
Reworked UI
New criminal flagging.

Come blow up internet space ships!

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thanks, Buddy. I'll probably be giving this a shot today :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I will also shill myself for IC's looking for referrals. Bonus time for your trial!
    BuddyJJBoogaloo
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Cool. EVE can be pretty crazy jumping in head first, but there are some good resources out there for new players like this:

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Getting_Started_In_EVE_Online

Get in the game, give the tutorial missions a go, and enjoy!
    The whole eve uni site is awesome for beginners and i'm generally available in US evenings for in game or voice chat (see the thread for various character names of people who are associated with IC). The corp several of us joined is in a state of flux right now, as several high level people have joined different corps due to the small size of our corp preventing a lot of activities from going on. I will probably be looking at moving to a more active corp as well in the next few weeks, but it will depend on what I can find out there. EVE UNI has a corp that you can join as a very new character, but you must be off trial and go through their app process. It took about two weeks from submitting my app to hearing back from them if you want to go that route. If you want to be near the current corp "home" system, that is Aice and there are several mission hubs nearby.
    Yeah, I'm with you @Tushon. I resubbed today and will probably try to find a new corp or something when I get back from my honeymoon since the current one seems to be imploding. I like our current corp, but I really want to give bounty hunting a shot and I'd like to get in with some more pvp-friendly folks that can take somebody who isn't in a T3 yet.
    edited October 2012
    I'm thinking about a TEST alliance corp or maybe EVE Uni right now. Not sure. They both will take newer pilots AFAIK. I'm very much interested in BH gang work, so we might want to stick together. :)
  • Don't join the EVE Uni corp. Most of the things they teach are outdated (at least in relation to nullsec fighting). Definitely get into a TEST corp and immediately join a social squad. Most fun I've ever had in EVE. If you have an active Reddit account you should just join Dreddit: https://wiki.pleaseignore.com/wiki/Joining_Dreddit
    That sounds nice then. Will certainly look into it.
    What about pirating? Anyone in for that? I haven't read much yet, but I've heard about it and it definitely seems like something I'd be down for getting into.
    Totally legit and there are lots of corps that focus on it. Dreddit is a null-sec outfit that does that among other things.
    Thanks dude. I'll look into it and see how I feel after reading more.
    Yeah, totally don't join EveUni. Their stuff is just a resource for reading up on some basics.
    edited October 2012
    (that was purely a rec from seeing there website. thank you for the info)

Of course, I see on the subreddit that recruiting is currently closed but I'll be watching for it to reopen and jump in.
  • Dreddit is never closed and always taking qualified redditors. Not sure where you're seeing that Dreddit recruiting is closed, but that's wrong. If you check the link I provided up there, it tells you how to join Dreddit.
    Reddit post said something about temporarily closed until purge, but they could be trolling.
    I saw the same reddit post about purging right now and not accepting applications.
  • Okay, I was mistaken. Apparently Dreddit hit the corp limit (in game limit) and we need to do some finagling to raise it. It seems people aren't quite sure at the moment what our plan of action is... but suffice to say I would expect Dreddit will resume taking apps in a few days, or will have another fix (like creating a second Reddit Corp) worked out.
    JBoogaloo
    Thanks, Ardi!
    Sounds good. Thanks for update
  • People should be able to get in. A few hundred inactive accounts were purged the other night. Sounds like they're going to let people in until we hit the ceiling again.

Also, this is the kind of lulzy fail you can expect in TEST. Things like the CEO not upping his Corp Managment skill in time to prevent us hitting the cap.... and yet, we've managed to cobble together one of the biggest alliances in the game. v0v
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    you cannot drag me back into the game!!! *runs away screaming*
    You're coming back!
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Just submitted a application to TEST, I know it say's about 48-72 hours, but how long does it really take to get packed up and moved to TEST space? I lived primarily in Low sec, so all my asset are there. I'm thinking of just selling everything and starting new in Null sec.
  • You'd be best off podjumping to null. Odds are, you'd end up getting popped if you tried to slowboat it. Obviously don't jump out until you're accepted into corp. Null works strictly on a policy of not blue, shoot it (NBSI). While you're waiting to be accepted, read the New Member Guide: https://wiki.pleaseignore.com/wiki/New_Member_Guide

How long it takes to get accepted depends on how active the HR people are and how many applications there currently are. It varies wildly. Some people get accepted right away, some it takes a few days. (of course, all of this is assuming you meet the requirements to join).
    Got my acceptance to Dreddit yesterday. Going to try and check in to EVE via my USB tether to wifi solution.
  • I used to play EVE via that method quite a bit before my fiancee moved in with me (she didn't have an Internet connection at her apartment). It works fairly well if you have 3G. Eats through data though.... so watch that.
    USB tether to PC to wifi parent's network. Ethernet cable is arriving tomorrow/Friday :)
    JBoogaloo
  • Ahh.... that's an interesting setup heh.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I tried EVE awhile back, by that I mean a few years ago. Was interesting, but I just didn't click with it. I was also younger and didn't understand the intricacies of most MMOs and gaming at the time. I'll give this a whirl.
  • PM me your email address and I'll send you an EVE trial invite. Will give you some extra free time to play (and if you end up subscribing after the trial, I get a kickback from CCP)