Laptop + monitor - make external monitor the primary?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited November 2012 in Hardware
At work I have a Dell Latitude E6420 laptop and a 22 inch widescreen external monitor. Currently, the laptop has its screen closed and in a docking station, and the 22 inch widescreen is the only monitor.

I want to reconfigure it so the 22 inch is the primary monitor with all the icons and start button and everything, and the laptop monitor is the secondary. Will Windows 7 allow that?

I asked for a second monitor but the bosses wouldn't let me have one despite the fact we have at least a dozen 17 inch LCDs sitting unused in the old parts area.

I could adjust things to make it work with the laptop monitor being the primary, but didn't want to have to move browser windows back and forth between the 2 screens if possible.

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Right click your desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Select your preferred monitor -> Check "Make this my main display." Use the "Identify" option if you can't tell which one is your preferred monitor.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

Right click your desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Select your preferred monitor -> Check "Make this my main display." Use the "Identify" option if you can't tell which one is your preferred monitor.

don't forget, he's running windows 3.11.
    AlexDeGruvenardichokeMiracleManSKwitko
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    Got it working right, thanks.