primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2004 in Community
So, what do you think?

Courtesy of DogSoldier's talents:

snuffie_logo.jpg

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Awesome graphic. Not sure I'd wear it on a shirt, if that's what you have in mind...
  • edited February 2004
    I like it...I think it'd make a good mascott graphic for the team.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Ditto keto's thoughts :)

If that was the idea, I could see the dog chillin' on short-media like it is there, but without "snuffie fold for" and then add "Folding Team" under the banner.

Great mascot idea!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Awesome :D

I concur with the others... can I have a .psd or something as well please.. for future banner stuff :vimp:

:respect: totally to DogSoldier.. that is truly amazing skills!
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited February 2004
    Definitely will have to add that one to a downloadable ICON for anyone who wants to use it. May make a good wallpaper element too!
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2004
    I've seen DogSoldier do some awesome stuff before, and this is no exception.

I do feel the same as keto, though, in that I'm not diggin' it for a shirt.
    Also, the SHORTMEDIA looks a little too "soft." Awesome work, though--as always--DogSoldier! Fantastic stuff!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2004
    Awesome work, DogSoldier. :respect:

Looks like Snuffie had a little Botox before the photoshoot - not nearly as wrinkly as I've seen him. :vimp:
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited February 2004
    Nice. Very very nice. Might want to add a little team 93 or #93 in there.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited February 2004
    It looks great, but as much as I like Prime's dog (and I DO like Snuffie, even if I do give Prime a hard time about teh wrinkles), can't we have a more exciting mascot?

Like <a href="http://freespace.virgin.net/clive.walker1/images/smg-buffy.jpg">Buffy</a>?

Or, if we can get away from the "rhymes with 'Snuffie'," there's gotta be something on www.desktopgirls.com that we can all agree on... :);D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2004
    Well, now we know who couldn't get a date on Saturday night... ;D

besides me... :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2004
    really good picture.... but snuffie?
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited February 2004
    Snuffie got :Pwned: by a pussycat. So now that he's our mascot....what does that say about the rest of us? :eek3:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Beautiful graphic, and much cooler than old Spudz. :D

But Snuffie? Snuffie? C'mon, this dog cures diseases and takes names, it needs a more intimidating name. People are going to drop in for the first time, looking for information on making their NF7-S a 1337 overclockar, and they're going to be greeted by... Snuffie. :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Wasn't Snuffie the name of the Snuffulumpagus on Seasame Street? The big furry elephant? That thing coulda squashed Elmo or one of those fakely-gleeful kids in one motion ;D
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    So, what do you think?

Courtesy of DogSoldier's talents:

snuffie_logo.jpg

Um, snuffie-- uses nose sense a lot, uses input to decide what to do, he computes. Computrs are artificial logic machines that reflect human skill in design, dog is natural smell processor and most dogs have better noses than vision. dogs use what is strongest sense most often. Computers use logic to make work get done faster.

Dogs think, though not at human level, and computers think, but use math which is what they are coded and hardwired to use.

How is a dog like a computer??? Both use what they have as best as they can.

Does snuffie sniff out trouble??? Yep.

Do human techs who make careers fo trobleshooting have to be able to sniff it out??? Yep, take a malfing-- badly malfing-- PSU. The chemicals inside caps give off odors when caps leak. Smoke carries odors. ICs that burn up give off noxious odors.

Dog uses smell more than sight, but is a reminder that smells mean something even in IT. big nose emphasizes point. HE looks ugly to some, but to some folks our favorite playtoy (computer) looks ugly too because they do not understand why and in how many ways things can malf. Ugly is in eye of beholder. See what the things you have do best, use them for that. Snuffie is a sharpie at smelling. Techs need to use senses and experiment and see what happens to learn. Now if the white SHORT had a circuitboard background, logo would be complete.... :D

John D.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Riiiiiiiight.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited February 2004
    Ageek wrote:
    Dogs think, though not at human level, and computers think, but use math which is what they are coded and hardwired to use.
    John D.

Dogs also lick their genitals.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    panzerkw wrote:
    Dogs also lick their genitals.

HAHAHAHAH OMG ;D;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Long live Snuffie...
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited February 2004
    Me loves Snuffie ;)
  • edited February 2004
    Actually dogs can and do think on a nearly human level. A dog can understand up to close to 200 words which is pretty good for an animal that can't even speak.
    I used to know what their IQ was compared to ours but I can't remember it (this is approximated from scientific study) but I think it was pretty close to 40 or so.
    edited February 2004
    I put in the header for the day.. as we have just passed 1000 members and 100,000 posts.. tis not a permanent addition ;)
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited February 2004
    I actually like it, but the transition is too abrupt. It looks like two separate images (which would be because it is...)

If the header had the "complete" dog it would look pretty good.

Just something to think about if you make it permanent :)
    edited February 2004
    Its not permanent.. just a bit of fun for the day :)
  • edited February 2004
    :( Awwwww...
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2004
    lol, thanks guys. It wasn't a really big jump to see Snuffie as a cartoon mascot, I mean.. c'mon, look at him!. I'll send you the psd Shorty.