Introducing Season Three of the League of Extraordinary Icrontians

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    tbh the thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about etep is not that he/friends were better than most people, it was that he was talking shit about how other people were playing poorly...pretty much the opposite of the goal of LOEI (imo).
    Basiltrooster89
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    shwaip said:

tbh the thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about etep is not that he/friends were better than most people, it was that he was talking shit about how other people were playing poorly...pretty much the opposite of the goal of LOEI (imo).

Word, and everyone talks shit. Etepe just took everything a little to personally. Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun; his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

All in all, was fun.
    midgaBasil
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I don't think anyone's being exclusionary, we welcome new people onto the server all the time, even people who talk smack, and at first I was willing to give this Etep guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe he just doesn't know how to draw the line between fun smack-talk and mean smack-talk sometimes, but as the evening wore on, it became clear that he was intending to belittle people, and it was not cool or fun.
    GnomeQueenJBoogaloomidgaBasil
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Most of the people on the server for LOEI are coming to have fun with friends, etep and his buds came to the server to stomp and make their epeen feel big.

I'm all for having newcomers (although we end up kicking a lot of them to make room for icrontic people) but these guys weren't interested in anything other than trolling and stomping people.
    midga
  • I had a blast last night. Who's etep and where are my pants?
    GnomeQueenRahnalH102midgaBasil
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    MAGIC said:

Word, and everyone talks shit. Etepe just took everything a little to personally. Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun; his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

All in all, was fun.

Which makes them not really shenanigans at all.
    Winfrey said:

Most of the people on the server for LOEI are coming to have fun with friends, etep and his buds came to the server to stomp and make their epeen feel big..

This. I get that your good and can hold the top place, but when your at the top and not getting killed, do you really need to continue trying so hard? Lighten up a little. It was getting ridiculous last night. I get that sometimes your team gets steam rolled, I get that sometimes the other team is a little better or you have an off night, I get that sometimes you turn the corner and some dick @cola snipes you in the face. What I don't get is when someone knows they are dominating a server and continues to do so without relenting. It's like a big kid pushing a little kid into a puddle and every time the little kid tries to get up, the big kid pushes them down again. When does that get fun? Have some back and forth. Play with them a little, back down and let them fight you before you finish them off, otherwise what's the point?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    <3

Also, LOL my spray is behind me in that screencap and I nearly died laughing when I saw it.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I completely lost it when I saw that spray on the ground.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    After everyone else left etep kept up with the same lines. Everything he says is what he means to say. Spending a bunch of time with people that play a lot of tournaments illustrates that being the general atmosphere most of them create. Best part is that face to face they still say the exact same things. But when you call them out personally, individually or in a group setting, they always shrink away for 30 seconds then come back with those offensive lines which most people see is just crap they are spewing from their mouth.

It is annoying online and still as annoying in person.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The only thing that made me tolerate last night's shit talking is that etep didn't start it. He was goaded.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I guess I missed that part.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

The only thing that made me tolerate last night's shit talking is that etep didn't start it. He was goaded.

ehh, I guess they were goaded? It was like:

"hey etep I killed you deal with it"
    "OH YEAH WELL FUCKING YOU ARE SHIT PLZ KILL URSELF LOL U THINK U GOOD!?!? PLZ LERN 2 PLAY DON'T TALK EVER AGAIN"
    MAGICcolaBasil
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Apparently the worst shit talking was on Egypt? I missed it, since I hate Egypt with a fierce passion.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    The good: I haven't played TF2 in a few weeks, so last night was a fun return to the land of explosions and hailstorms of bullets. Sure, there was some steamrolling and unbalanced teams, but I still had as much fun shooting the shit with friends online as I was shooting them in the face (or chest, as I wasn't doing so hot with headshots last night).

The bad: As for etep, I too was initially offput by having an overwhelmingly good and/or serious player amongst us, but I just changed my mindset from seeing it as a disadvantage to becoming an added challenge. Every kill or assist I made against him was quite delightful -- not out of spite, but out of getting the drop on a seasoned veteran (maybe some spite).

The ugly: The one thing that DID annoy me was when I kept hearing a lot of angry and belittling statements, such as "what the hell are you doing?!" and "dude, seriously?!". I don't know who was saying it or who they were directed to (nor do I care), but it did drain some of the fun from the night. LOEI TF2 is a party game for us. I'll play hard, but I'd rather have fun than win.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    There was goading in multiple directions. Things went to extremes in multiple directions. There were things that could be construed as jerk behaviour, and the mods reacted when it got way out of hand. These same things could just as easily be seen as enthusiasm and really getting into the game in the manner familiar to the player. People all had the opportunity to speak up (when the voice channel wasn't saturated), or to voice their concerns through Steam chat. I have a feeling many of the voices now did not speak then. That's not a good or bad thing, if even the case, just something to consider.

I would recommend, however, in the future, to all including myself, that concerns are first voiced when relevant, respectfully and earnestly, either privately or in chat. We are all responsible for making this the community we want it to be, and we can't rely on mods who also just want to enjoy the evening to shoulder the full responsibility for making it so. It is not right or fair.
    PirateNinjatrooster89
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    midga said:

I would recommend, however, in the future, to all including myself, that concerns are first voiced when relevant, respectfully and earnestly, either privately or in chat.

Good suggestion. Though regarding my own statement above, I don't think of it so much of a concern, but rather my observations I added for the sake of the discussion.

Personally, I'm not looking for any call to action, then or now. But sure, if it were to actually get to the point of spoiling the fun entirely, then I'm sure it'll get addressed in the method suggested above. :)

Or, perhaps it needs more liberal application of the official Icrontian Salute. :D
    midga said:

I would recommend, however, in the future, to all including myself, that concerns are first voiced when relevant, respectfully and earnestly, either privately or in chat.

midga
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I was not there as I am in Atlantic City for the week but I would hope that someone would reach out to this new player, etep, Pete?

You don't have to be an admin to help keep the server friendly. If what is described above happens next Tuesday while Digikid is on, I will reach out to them and explain we are a friendly bunch that would love to have him play with us but will ask that he keep the overly gloating to a minimum. Admin action need only be taken if they choose to ignore the request.

I, as I am sure Digikid is, am looking forward to get back in the fight a shoot all y'all in the face on Tuesday. Let's leave last week in the past and have some fun. Who knows? Maybe etep will be the next TF2 IC convert and join us for more IC goodness in the future.

-Digi

GnomeQueenMAGIC
    edited February 2013
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    MAGICmidga
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    I am this excited for it:

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi