Detroit Accommodations

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    No plans yet, but since last year there are a couple of new hotels much closer than Dearborn. I'm sure rates will be higher than staying out in the suburbs, though if convenience trumps cost, here are some:

Doubletree
    Marriott Downtown Detroit
    Holiday Inn downtown.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    And if it really trumps cost, this is a really nice B&B just as close as MotorCity, right next to the DIA: http://www.innonferrystreet.com
    WagsFTW
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

And if it really trumps cost, this is a really nice B&B just as close as MotorCity, right next to the DIA: http://www.innonferrystreet.com

Except there's no availability on the 18th & 19th. Otherwise that looks like an interesting spot.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    There's also this Winder Street Inn that's cheaper.
    http://www.234winderstinn.com/
    There are a lot of good AirBnB options if people have never tried that before. There are a couple apartments available to rent in Midtown - most under $100/night! Might be trying this out for ICSP :)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    WagsFTW said:

There are a lot of good AirBnB options if people have never tried that before. There are a couple apartments available to rent in Midtown - most under $100/night! Might be trying this out for ICSP :)

Yea, I looked at some of the AirBnB places. I wish one was in Woodbridge!
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Count me in for any group rate considerations.

Question-- what is the sleeping situation at the house for EPIC? Sadly, I cannot afford a hotel. :/

The attic will be available for all the mattresses and cots we can cram in it.

GnomeQueen

Thanks Lincoln! :)

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Whoo Hoo!! Attic dwelling FTW!!

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Can I bring a pick axe and mine under your house? I'll give you all the cobble.

GnomeQueenBobbyDigi

@Sonorous said:
    Can I bring a pick axe and mine under your house? I'll give you all the cobble.

We already did that at ICSP 2012, you missed it.

GnomeQueen
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Anybody need a roommate at a hotel or airbnb for Epic? I'm ok with the IC attic, but air conditioning would be extra fancy.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I'm just now thinking of HOW to get to the LAN and where to stay....

mertesn
    edited June 2014

I spent 20 hours organizing/cleaning the attic this weekend while Aaron did the same in the carriage house second floor (where a bunch of stuff is moving to).

THERE IS SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES. (like sleeping).

Chooch
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Linc said:
    THERE IS SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES. (like sleeping).

One of my favorite activities!

@QCH said:
    I'm just now thinking of HOW to get to the LAN and where to stay....

I could maybe pick you up on the way. I'll PM you once my time off is approved, hopefully later today.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I have a double queen room at the Marriott I wouldn't mind splitting rent on if you'd like, @Gargoyle.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I'm in the market for a room... I think Garg is also. I'm old and want AC, Shower, bed, and silence.

I'm going to get a room off site as well. PM me if you want to go in on it and what sort of price range you are looking for.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Looks like @Gargoyle, @QCH, and @Sonorous and I can split things up. PM en route.

@primesuspect said:
    Corktown Inn rebrands!

Looks like it might be cool! Wonder how much cleaner it will be, and what their prices will be like.

Looks like I won't be in attendance for Expo this year. The lack of an underwear dispensing machine close by will make my travel next to impossible.

UPSLynxRyderprimesuspectGnomeQueen
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo @Sonorous I need your help for setup! (yes I do realize that this may be an overreaction to a non factual statement)

Sonorous

primesuspectGnomeQueenGargRyanFodderdrasnor