750GB hard drive partition

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas
edited July 2013 in Hardware
I'm trying to get the most out my HDD. I want to partition this drive to 32GB partitions so I can use it for my xbox 360.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Is there a question?
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas
    Yes it is a question. Trying to see if it's possible to do it. And on mac os.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi
    Yes, but what is your question? Can you partition a 750GB into a 32GB? Yes, but how is that maximizing the space?

Did you mean, can you make 23 x 32GB partitions for your Xbox? No, I don't think so.
    Sorry I didn't get my point across. I was just curious if it has been done
  • I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you should really read this: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit

Knowing how to ask questions effectively is extremely helpful and saves everyone involved a lot of exasperation and frustration. It also enhances the likelihood that people will take the time to help you.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH
    Yes, you can partition a 750gig HDD to 32gig drive, but why would you want to? I think that is really what we are trying to figure out here. You will still physically have a 750gig hard drive, can Xbox only read from a 32gig partition?
    I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you should really read this: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit

Knowing how to ask questions effectively is extremely helpful and saves everyone involved a lot of exasperation and frustration. It also enhances the likelihood that people will take the time to help you.
    I did ask my question effectively partitions mean more than one. End of line :-)
    everybody knows that you can format: any thumb drive or hard drive in the xbox360 at a max of 32gb of storage. Partition the drive in multiple segments in order to be recognized as more than just one storage device. I did this once but I have since forgotten how.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA
    edited July 2013
    Literally the very first search result, using the terms "format hard drive xbox 360 mac". You also literally never asked a question, which prompted ardi's response. You made a series of statements and left the reader to infer the question, which was somewhat clear to me but I've had years of reading past client requests :/

ardichokeKwitkoJBoogaloo
    Well sorry guys and thanks.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited July 2013
    Literally the very first search result, using the terms "format hard drive xbox 360 mac". You also literally never asked a question, which prompted ardi's response.
    I'm impressed by your correct usage of "literally." ^5.
    JBoogalooTushon