Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    The Crew

BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Just did some heist with a guy who had silent safe picking, OH MY! :cool:
    Feels so good
    BobbyDigi
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    HAHA, the game looks pretty awesome. It sounds like a good time and I'm going to give it a go. The little web series is pretty bad ass, too! :D Oh DC, everyone wants a piece of whatever it is you got. :D
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Trying to make some serious cash tonight. I'll be on around 8:30 est. Money time.
    Im in...pm sent because I don't think you're on my steam nor I yours.
    1.3 million gained in spending cash and almost 11 levels. No idea how much I added to my offshore. All in all, awesome night of Payday 2.
    Yeah, last night was a pretty bad ass night of robbing. Once you get a real good group going, it's hard to fail missions. I got 9 levels and an infamous rare mask...a good night indeed.
    My brother and I have come to an agreement on multi-day jobs.

Never run them with pubs. The chance that the guys you're playing with are competent or mildly intelligent as opposed to the opposite are so slim that it isn't worth it.

Hard Rats, easy job to run an hour and a half of completely incompetent pubs.

'Don't shoot the hostages'
    'Wait for Bain to confirm the ingredients'
    'Don't stay downstairs during an assault'
    'Put the bags in the corner if you run even one out you get a permanent assault'

All simple rules that the majority of Payday 2 players are quickly convincing me that they are simply too stupid to understand.
    Need help deciding what to do with my character spec. Dropped primarily into enforcer currently. Got the first intimidate in mastermind and now building drilling skill in technician.

Is what I am doing a good idea or a horrible idea?
    It's all depending what you prefer to do in the game. It seems there has been a shift in play style after release. I notice a lot more people are focusing on how fast they can complete the run for card farming. I have only had to alter my Ghost build a little to accommodate the need for people to want get things done faster. I'm not sure what Enforcer skills other than the bag skills and the potable saw are necessary for that.
    I built with some melee strength, suppression aced, primary while downed, double ammo bags, saw, extra damage when surrounded. Pretty much my enforcing is designed around getting to the saw while making myself effective in small areas. Personally I feel like trying to shoot all of the cops is a bad idea in most heist as it just drives them towards you while if you sit back and don't poke your head out to much they seem to not actively seek you ask much. Tie down a few hostages away from where you work and try to keep the others on the ground so they rescue the people while you jack the loot.

@Sonorous you have played with me a bit and even though I am heavy in enforcer I just try not to go way over the top with full force pushes until it is time to move bags. Though it is super sweet to edge a corner when you see a squad ingress then simply dump a mag from the uzi or p90 into them and anyone who tries to get up after that just melee them twice into oblivion.

Just don't always feel very useful since I am built for noise and suppression, most likely going to start adding fire breather to my secondaries :) . Being good on the drill seems the logical step since Ghost requires almost a full build, around 40 points, to get safe picking.
    I need to brush up on all the skill trees honestly.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    http://www.pd2skills.info/

That's what I used to play with the tree. I am not able to get to it currently but that may be due to work firewall.

-Digi
    Sonorous
    Already been through that but wanted to check in with other people before I feel like I wasted a few hours playing with a crappy supporting spec.
    Playing with a number of good pugs and with @Sonorous over the weekend was pretty fun, and I felt fairly useful in all groups! I went all the way to silent drilling, am working on double sentry guns with a little bit thrown in the enforcer area for the movement and bag carrying, primary when downed and extra ammo if requested by teammates (mission dependent obviously). I'm also working on silencing my weapons to accompany silent drilling. The benefit of taking less damage when interacting with things really helps when teammates are downed and you're helping them up (HUGE utility in any group imo) or the drill repair. I dig my tech/enforcer combination. Not sure if it's "the right build", but it seems to be useful and more importantly, it's fun for me :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I just picked this up the other day, Lvl 8 I think. Got a few points in the ghost tree so far. Been playing offline mostly, but got a few pub games in. Annoying that you get instantly booted unless you're high lvl.

aconradwc3@comcast.net is my steam ID.
    edited August 2013
    Edit: Just reread what I wrote...that was dumb.

Glad ya got the game, I'll add ya .
    Enforcer/tech and mastermind/ghost have great skill synergy.

I myself play the mastermind/ghost combo, as I normally host games the mastermind perks help immensely and if I need to stealth something the ability to use up to 4 pagers/get a guard to surrender and not be noticed when crouching is a huge help.
    MAGIC
    Ilriyas said:

This is good to hear becuase for me it really wasn't about looking up "what is best to play" I just went with what I felt is more enjoyable to me. So definitely a win/win in my book.

I don't know if it's done yet or if there are plans for it, but if they make it to where there's a VS type deal (life LFD/LFD2) in this game, I can see this getting just as much play time as those two have from me (hundreds of hours), lol!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

I myself play the mastermind/ghost combo, as I normally host games the mastermind perks help immensely and if I need to stealth something the ability to use up to 4 pagers/get a guard to surrender and not be noticed when crouching is a huge help.

Yeah, that is the build I have been planning on to start. Good for solo play to get a head start on a mission before you are caught on to.
    Honestly I tried all of the classes, next to Mastermind the Technician is/was definitely my favourite. The only problem there was my little brother fulfills the enforcer/tech roles so I moved over to ghost.

Can't say I was disappointed in that Ghost quickly grew on me once I learned I could literally dodge bullets in light or no armour.

I'd just say play what you like or what best fits your playstyle. Mastermind works for me because, other than the above I like to be in control of situations and often find myself coordinating my team when I play. As for ghost, I like doing things as perfectly as possible the first time and stealth games have always had a special place in my heart.
    JBoogaloo
    @MAGIC Hit me up tonight if you want someone to play with. Show you the shock and awe.
    MAGIC
    edited August 2013
    Over here Hoxtilicious!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I definitely want to play this with IC people. The pubbies I played with recently were no fun and offline is boring to me since the AI seems to not want to do anything but guard me. Perhaps there is a way to "tell" them to pick up bags or whatever, but I didn't bother to look it up since I'd prefer friends anyways. Will go stealthy or assault :D
    New update

Tasers, dozers, and snipers are meaner. ECMs can be used to open ATMs. Thermal drill now gets the drill perks. Lots of changes.
    The inability to grab things through walls is really going to hurt speed/performance.

Ah well it just makes it more realistic.
  • Welp, you guys did it. I bought PAYDAY 2 this afternoon. I hope you're all happy.
    BobbyDigiJBoogaloo
  • Attempted to play with k and Tushon last night. Was met with nothing but "Attempting to contact game" and "Could not connect to player" problems. Goddamnit. I want to rob banks with you guys. Anyone got some voodoo fixes for this bullshit?
    I'll be on tonight starting around 7 Eastern. Maybe we a help Ardi trouble shoot.