Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Kinda bummed I missed it. I'll try to be on again soon at a reasonable hour. I needs me some stealthy runs and monies. Excellent job on that final stealth run, that's a total bitch to do :)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I did not have the achievement, only run that mission 3 times now.
    Triple post. Put on your big boy pants:

Update #11+ going live today.
    JBoogaloo
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Hey guys!

Our largest update yet! This one carries a lot of free content like a new heist, 4 new masks, new economy and much improved AI and difficulties. Pay a visit to the Nightclub and Big Oil as well. They got a lot of new stuff in them!

Update size: 801.9 mb

Team mates
    Improved killer instinct for the AI team. They are more aggressive and more prone to stay alive even on the OVERKILL difficulty. Single player never looked more tempting.

Difficulty
    Much harder OVERKILL! Yes you got it - now dont cry.
    SWATS now have much better flashbangs - use the shades!
    More balanced single player sessions
    BULLDOZERS are now EVIL

Police AI
    Added more and better run and walking animations for our dear enemies.

Crime.net
    Improved Payouts!:

The Crime.net economy has got a major upgrade. After looking at massive amounts of data and collecting player feedback we have implemented and tested a new economy system.

Each contract now has reward dependant on the mission specifics. Some contract amounts can seem low but the REAL value is in stealing the LOOT BAGS. If you sling a lot of Coke for Hector he will compensate you greatly. The reward is different depending on the number of coke bags you clear. On the other hand, if you hit Big Oil + it is not at all about bags and more about completion. If you get the engine to the helicopter and escape you get a hefty contract pay. This makes the game more tactical and you have to fight greed on almost every map.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this!

CrimeNet is now balanced so you can chose to play for XP or Money or a middle way. Learn this by playing the heists on different difficulties. There are some anomalies to be found and taken advantage of!
    NOTE: If you are in a BAG focused mission, go for the additional bags - they pay out several 100% more than the mandatory bags (for which you get the contract pay). BUT remeber - GREED KILLS!
    Multiday jobs pay out greatly and are very rewarding once you figure out how to move additional bags through them.

Presentation
    Crime.net has reduced its somewhat cluttered info when counting the PAYDAY and contract money for you. You will be presented with a PAYDAY number that shows the amount of money the contract is worth EXCLUDING the LOOT BAGS. This is the offshore account money and 10% of that becomes you spendable cash. Look into it. it is simpler and more straightforward.
    All cash numbers are now presented as Offshore money until converted to spendable cash.
    The Contract filter is back!
    Kick Filters. You can now set Kick enabled and filter on that on Crime.net.

HUD
    We now display mission bags value on PAYDAY for both mandatory and additional bags in TAB stats screen during gameplay.

Skills
    Boosted Aced Combat Medic revive bonus from 25% to 40%.
    Enemies more affected by ECM feedback and civilians are no longer affected.
    Added Inside Man Assets on almost all levels so that you can buy a EXPERT DRIVER that 100% takes away the Escape.
    Made sentry gun tier 6 more effective.

Loot Drop
    Added EXP cards in the loot drop for fast leveling
    Added much better cash cards!

Weapons
    New reload animations for the Deagle!
    Texture fix for the "professional" sight.
    IZHMA 12G Shotgun damage is buffed.
    M308 Rifle has had its damage adjusted correctly.
    Kobus 90 Submachinegun got a damage increase with long barrel weapon mod. added.

Sounds
    Improved the ambient sounds to loop seamlessly.
    Added more and cranked up existing the car sounds.
    Gun sounds improved and allowed to be 100% more at the same time

Masks customization
    Added four new masks!
    Added four new patterns!
    Added four new materials!

VO
    Added VO to the Sniper in Watchdogs! He is awesome.

Escapes
    Changed how escapes work, now civilian death increases chance and not time. Also a no alarm hit gives you NO escape.
    Fixed minor graphical issues on Street escape.

Nightclub
    So many fixes... and Dmitri has changed up the club. There is tons of more variation and evil russian thugs around.
    There is a rumour of a fight club, but we are not supposed to talk about that.

Watchdogs
    Watchdogs number of bags now depends on difficulty.
    Tweaked chances of random events and walls.

Big Oil 1
    Completely new layout!

Rats
    Fixed collisions on Rats 1&2

Mallcrashers
    Balanced property damage values.

Art
    Endless updates and fixes, just enjoy.

Thanks all and enjoy the diamonds - but watch out for the TITANIUM safes!

Almir
    OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.
    Source

Wow.

-Digi
    Tushon
    Depending on homework status, I may be on tonight, but more likely tomorrow evening/night. Looking forward to getting in on this new update with some Isemen (<----see what I did there, har har har).
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

Looking forward to getting in on this new update with some Isemen (<----see what I did there, har har har).</p>

why?

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Whats this new economy?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    New badge!

SonorousBobbyDigiTushon
    A VERY rare pug group done in complete stealth. Looted all bags, ATMS and deposit boxes taken. All hostages killed and bagged up (especially outside civilians..Negligible "dead civilian" penalty). Done Thursday afternoon after work.
    photo StealthedBank.jpg
    SonorousBobbyDigi
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    I want to steal so many diamonds. Right now. I'll be around pretty much all day and tonight.

*Edit: just ran a the new diamond heist solo and almost got it done stealth with only one civilian causality. It's not easy but it's totally doable
    _k_ and I grouped up with a couple pubs and ran the Diamond Heist stealth multiple times. We also ran a couple other jobs. This game is so good.

The new economy seems to be a recalculation of how money is awarded. It seems so far you don't get nearly as much just for completing the mission but much more for bag related missions.

-Digi
    SonorousJBoogaloo
    edited September 2013
    After digging through a bunch of bitching, moaning and complaining, I finally found a relatively useful post that pointed out something I noticed last night but I didn't put 2+2 together, there is a bug in the multiplier bonus. Every heist displays +0, instead of the corresponding multiplier bonus. That doesn't mean you don't get a bonus, but it does seem like there is still some issues with the multipliers where you don't get nearly as much as you might expect for the harder levels.

Keep an eye out for another update (hopefully soon) to fix this.

Source (Reddit), lots of above stated bitching and complaining with some good info mixed in.

-Digi
    JBoogaloo
    Awesome dude, thanks for the link! I should be on tonight, but later. I may have to attend a thing with my wife. When I get back I may be half-cocked, I may not be...sooooooooooo, I may stealth really well or I'll fuck up your plans. Just sayin :)
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Sorry I disappeared last night, laptop blew up. Got a new one so everything is fine now.
    edited September 2013
    Ilriyas said:

Sorry I disappeared last night, laptop blew up. Got a new one so everything is fine now.

I thought maybe you had re-speced Ghost and there were new perks that made it so even your teammates couldn't see you. ;)

Glad to see you are back in the game!

-Digi
    JBoogaloo
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I've always -adored- the concept of "Payday: The Heist". I wasn't able to buy it when it first came out, but I had been able to pick it up while it was on sale a bit later on. Unfortunately, at the time my comp hardware was nowhere up to snuff, and Payday's pretty unforgiving of low-end graphics cards, so I had to shelve the game -after- I bought it because game demos to properly test things on your machine are a thing of the past.

Fast forward to about a week or so ago. Payday 2 is out, and I've been watching streams on it and -damn- it looks like SO much fun, vastly improved over the original. As of now, my hardware's better, and I can handle that shit no problem, now.

Only problem is, work has been super-light these past couple of weeks, and Shan and I have to...you know, eat food and pay bills, so I haven't had the spare cash to get it. So I thought perhaps I could play Payday 1 until I could get together the cash for 2.

Problem is- it seems nobody really plays the first one anymore, and...well, as you can imagine, Payday really isn't fun with AI partners or pubbies. So I'm kinda stuck in this super-crappy limbo.

You guys wouldn't happen to have copies of the first one and want to play, would you?
    edited September 2013
    @BHHammy. I'll be your wingman.

When you release patches that you seem to not test a lot of the things you change I say complaints are founded.
    I finally soloed the Jewelry Store job.

Jewelry Store. Normal difficulty, no cops alerted. 3+1 bags.

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2946790

-Digi
    SonorousJBoogaloo
    I feel like an ass. I've seen @_k_ on about 3 times recently and talked about maybe running some jobs, but when I was ready he had to bail and I just bailed on him yesterday before we could get something set up, lol! Hopefully this weekend (the wife's out of town) I'll have time to waste with you guys. I've had a couple good pugs, but lately they've been real garbage... :D
    Update #12 dropped
    Update size: 32,6 mb

Systems

• Made tweaks to the economy system - added a whole lot more money to PAYOUTs and matched that with prices. Bags are super important! Or go check out Big Oil...

• Made tweaks to the skill costs, higher tiers are now more balanced

• Increased the XP payout depending on difficulty

Law enforcement

• Included a feature where law enforcement now can spawn and move in groups of bulldozers, tasers, shields and heavy SWATs

• Tweaked the tactics of the law enforcers - tasers grouped with bulldozers now charge instead of providing support and are more aggressive

• Balanced the bulldozer spawn rates on the different difficulties

• Balanced the tan FBI spawn rates on the different difficulties

• Made a change where we buffed the snipers

• Balanced the FBI Officers so they do less damage but still hurt

• Balanced the Gangsters so they do less damage but still hurt

• Taser now has increased taser range, are also harder to headshot

Skills

• Made a fix so that the Cleaner skill works properly with the cooks in the Rats Heist

• Buffed the Bulletproof skill, now absorbs more damage

Nightclub heist

• Made several fixes connected to AI movement pattern and collision

Diamond Store heist

• Made a fix to the ATM machines

• Made a fix to the Expert Driver asset

• Made a fix where the escape van wouldn't be enabled in some cases

• Tweaked the number of guards that spawn

Weapons

• Balanced the Mark 10 Submachinegun, lowering its damage output

• Balanced the Para Submachinegun, lowering its damage output

Ghost

• Buffed the ECM jammer by increasing the range

Titan safes

• Made a fix to the Titan safe timer, lowering it to great extent

Almir
    OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.
    Source

-Digi
    _kJBoogaloo
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    Did anyone buy the 4 pack and have an extra copy? I would already have it but PayPal transfers are slow...
    edited September 2013
    Ever wanted to rob a bank as a lady? Soon.

-Digi
    SonorousIlriyasBHHammyJBoogaloo
    edited September 2013
    .....you're kidding. They're making extra characters? NICE.

Considering the 4 talent trees are meant to be based on the loosely "canon" skills of the main characters, I wonder if that also means they're planning a new talent tree as well? Not holding my breath, mind you, because adding in a new talent tree would require a tooon more work (designing, coding, allll of the extra balancing) than just adding in a new (covered) face, but it's just a thought.

I'd also prescribe GTA 5 some of this~
    But I'm guessing they probably weren't very singed under the protective padding of over 800 mil in first-day sales.
    In short
    The new character is just a new character model. It is a different person from the regular payday gang so far but not any new techs. They have said for a while that they were going to add a woman because why not.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    If I am reading this right.... Masterminds will be able to convert Dozers in the future

-Digi
    SonorousJBoogaloo
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    AWESOME
    Welp. It looks like I'm finally able to join in. it was looking like I wasn't gonna have spare funds to get the game for a while, but I was given some "fun money" from someone in the family this evening, so....

Yeah, installing now.
    JBoogaloo