WoW relapse

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    What have you made me to? I just logged into my battle.net account for the first time in 2 years.
    JBoogaloomidgaTushon
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

Seems like there's a pretty good outcry for going Horde...you know, like we totally should.

Only 2 maybes that I see (besides you and me), so it's probably better to go alliance with the free 90 (eventually) or level a new character now and then when the free 90 happens, we'll have two. I honestly probably need to anyways with all the changes that have happened since I last played.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    From my understanding there still is an Icrontic guild on Tortheldrin that is Horde. So if you really want to be Horde go knock the rust off that bad boy.

(if you do let me know, I might come back then)

FOR THE HORDE!

JBoogaloo
  • Also of note: Anyone coming back using a scroll of resurrection receives a character boost to level 80 and a free transfer.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Also of note: Anyone coming back using a scroll of resurrection receives a character boost to level 80 and a free transfer.

now that's tempting.
    Have all the scrolls been used? Oh, I guess I should buy mists also.
  • I haven't sent anyone a resurrection :P
    Decisions decisions.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    Also, Also of note: Mists of Pandaria will be on sale for 10$ at several locations for Black Friday. And if you have not previously done so, you can get a 10 day trial of MoP from the battle.net site.
    Perfect, my trial will expire on Thanksgiving.. heh
  • I'd love to get in on this but I have pretty much no clue what I'm doing. Many years ago I got an alliance character up to maybe level 30 and then I never played again.

What do I need to do to play with you guys?
    apparently if you did the MoP trial between March 4, 2012 and today, you are ineligible for the scroll of resurrection...
    also, if I did come back what would be the best way to liquidate all assets and gold and start fresh with the gold from the toons I deleted?
  • A few auctioneer scans and then sell everything you can on the AH?
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    This is my battletag if someone wants to send me a scroll. Sounds like that is the first step:
    HammerCk#1546

edit:

I guess you need an email to send the scroll. If someone can send me the scroll just PM me and I'll reply with my email address.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

Seems like there's a pretty good outcry for going Horde...you know, like we totally should.

Only 2 maybes that I see (besides you and me), so it's probably better to go alliance with the free 90 (eventually) or level a new character now and then when the free 90 happens, we'll have two. I honestly probably need to anyways with all the changes that have happened since I last played.
    I count 7 Horde players. 2 of which said "Go Horde and I might come back." That's not counting Perry and his friends on Tortheldrin. I also don't know everyone's character lists on here so the overall number could be bit higher.

So a separate IC Horde side could do just fine. I assume Tortheldrin would be the realm to go to but I don't know where all your preferred characters are.
    same. i am game for a scroll.
  • nooooooooooooooooo
    "An error occurred attempting to claim rewards.

Your free character transfer / faction change could not be granted."

Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

I count 7 Horde players. 2 of which said "Go Horde and I might come back." That's not counting Perry and his friends on Tortheldrin. I also don't know everyone's character lists on here so the overall number could be bit higher.

So a separate IC Horde side could do just fine. I assume Tortheldrin would be the realm to go to but I don't know where all your preferred characters are.
    I think I was counting people who I assumed were alliance and only the explicit horde or nothing. Doesn't matter anyways :) I just would think having 10 people on one is the minimum to "succeed" if we're talking about end-game content (unless there aren't 10 mans anymore).
    fatcat said:

apparently if you did the MoP trial between March 4, 2012 and today, you are ineligible for the scroll of resurrection...

That appears to be the case, but I read on a battle.net forum thread that you can contact them via ticket to get the scroll to work (maybe).
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Tushon said:

I think I was counting people who I assumed were alliance and only the explicit horde or nothing. Doesn't matter anyways :) I just would think having 10 people on one is the minimum to "succeed" if we're talking about end-game content (unless there aren't 10 mans anymore).

I counted You, Me, JBoogaloo, Church, Prime, fatcat, and pigflipper, just to be clear.

If "succeeding" is completing 10 man normal raids, then technically 8 is the minimum, as that is all you need for guild credit to be granted. PUG 2 more and boom done, but who wants to PUG people?

If people just want to experience the end-game content, but are okay with it not being as challenging, then there is LFR. You can join that solo or even grab 8 or more.
    I just downloaded the Public Test client. omg its like re-learning the game all over again.
    JBoogaloo
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    It's a possibility. I do have a 90, though I'd have to resub, and server/faction change. I'll give it a thought, though.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I think I will dust off Volav and do a realm transfer. Consider me in.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

nooooooooooooooooo
    "An error occurred attempting to claim rewards.

Your free character transfer / faction change could not be granted."

get on the battle.net/support page and try their livechat help. They can probably make it happen.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sooooooooooooo, how are we doing this? Is this going to be a horde thing or an ally thing or a two separate thing? A bit unsure right now as to what exactly is going on, lol
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Some are playing Alliance. Some are playing Horde. Neither wants to transfer factions to the other. Pick your poison.
    My interpretation is that most of the people who have "committed" to starting up again are going to be playing alliance and there are some horde who are interested (but wary or don't want to level up new characters). The scroll of resurrection looks doable for those who have been inactive since March of last year or only did a mist of pandaren 7 day trial (there's a form for the chat/email ticket that is dedicated to this exact situation).

Sound about right? I can boost and faction change one of my lowbie characters from horde side and transfer my paladin if I stick around.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    Myrmidon said:

Gentlemen and ladies,
    We're on Alliance on Kel'Thuzad. The guild is Icrontic.

Multiple studies have shown that people are less happy when posed with having to make a decision. In life, it isn't often that a great person who makes reasonable decisions on a regular basis is willing to make one for you. I for one have taken advantage of the situation, and I suggest we all do the same.
    :D
    RyanFodderJBoogaloomidgaMyrmidon
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Myrmidon said:

Gentlemen and ladies,
    We're on Alliance on Kel'Thuzad. The guild is Icrontic.

Multiple studies have shown that people are less happy when posed with having to make a decision. In life, it isn't often that a great person who makes reasonable decisions on a regular basis is willing to make one for you. I for one have taken advantage of the situation, and I suggest we all do the same.
    :D
    +1
    Indecision has put a serious damper on us (as a group) an many occasions before. Lets do this thing.
    JBoogaloo