Evolve

124»

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I might try it out this weekend then. I was really excited for the game until I saw the dollar amounts attached to it, which really turned me off from it.

• CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I dropped £60 (about $100) on the Monster Raving Looney version of the game on pre-order. So far I have played 2 hours. What a waste.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Evolve is kind of a master class on how not to market a game and its future content roadmap. That DLC strategy seriously took the wind out of the sails right from the get go.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Welp, Evolve is going Free to Play.

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/a-message-to-our-community/87816/1

Interesting to read some real talk from Turtlerock about the launch, issues, and "DLC shitstorm" as they put it in their own words. I'm not sure F2P will help this game, but if they deliver some of the updates they talk about in that post, it may be worth revisiting in a few months once all those updates are live.

Meanwhile, before this update Evolve was hitting a peak player count of 200 max each day, which is about as awful as it gets. After today's update, though, it peaked at 3,500 concurrent players. Still awful, but it does give a little hope.

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Yeah, the DLC really turned me away from a game I really enjoyed in the beta. I'll definitely look into it as free to play

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited July 2016

I saw this go by earlier today and was mildly surprised even Turtle Rock was still paying any attention to the game. I mean, I loved playing it and really was impressed what they were trying to accomplish with it, but it really did feel like the life was being sucked from it as time went on. The last hunter releases almost seemed like laboured contractual fulfillment rather than an injection of fresh content. Also surprised it was one of the very few FPSs my wife would play.

May give this another go once things implement and settle down slightly. Still questioning their decision to give the dome to all hunters (from what I heard), but who knows, maybe it'll play out well.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Overall the changes to it seems pretty good or at least in the right direction.

I'm sad to see Evacuation and all the other modes go, but some of the que problems leave along with them. Nice if they made it so that you can only invite for it instead. I'd want to play Evacuation with a group of friends for the most part anyways.
    Also a little peeved that all my progress from before has been reset.