Broke my phone

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Broke the screen (and digitizer) on my n4.

What phone should I buy?

@thrax called out for his comprehensive, girthy, phone knowledge.

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Nexus 5 and OnePlus One seem to be the popular recommendations.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

OnePlus One is invite only.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

I just got a Nexus 5, and its AMAZING would recommend. @Thraxβ€Œ did ;)

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Anybody should be able to get a OnePlus by the end of this month, it is said.

If you don't feel like waiting, Nexus 5 is still my top choice. It's a great device, and the $400 premium to get a marginally greater device (e.g. LG G3, Galaxy S5) is hardly worth it.

Kwitko
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I would highly, highly recommend looking into the Sony Xperia Z1/Z1s or Z2 phones. Nobody ever talks about them, but they're gorgeous, super fast, beautiful displays, WATER-FREAKING-PROOF, fantastic Bravia display processor, excellent camera, and the Sony software package is actually non-intrusive and pretty awesome (especially if you're invested in the Sony ecosystem like PSN or have a PS4 or Vita).

Kwitko
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Another good phone, but does fall into the cost bucket that carries a heavy premium over the nexus 5 for marginal practical benefit.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

anyone have opinions on the one m8?

• I picked up the HTC One M8. The only weakness it has is zoom photography (4MP ultra pixel camera severely limits ability to crop). Everything else about it is a slam dunk. Beautiful design, good feel, fantastic sound from both the external and headphone jack, very fast, well designed UI, up close photos and video look fantastic, the screen is beautiful and battery life isn't shabby.

Kwitko

I pretty much never take pictures with my phone.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

M8 is essentially the 1+1 equal for everything but price and camera. Half inch less display but I hardly feel like you'd notice at that size unless you had the phones side by side.

Well I'm on Laura's old g2x for now - it will let me wait until all the phones are out and reviewed.

I'm certainly interested in the g3 - i'll try to go play with it when it's at the local tmo store

lg g3 coming on monday <3

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I just got my LG G3 today. You are going to like it :D