To all forum members

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited July 2003 in Community
As a preemptive step Short-Media has created a new user profile. When any member is found to be abusing the forum posting rules they may have their profile changed without warning. More often than not...that person is well aware as they will have received private or public messages from staff advising or warning them of their allegedly unsuitable posts.

This is a "cool down" step as we would like the member to consider his or her actions and then, ultimately, return back to full privelages and being a positve contributor to Short-Media.

This will only be a temporary inconvenience for those that feel they must push the envelope of the forum posting rules. If they choose to continue after the temporary restrictions have been lifted then they face further action. If they choose to return to being a positive member of Short-Media then all is well.

All of us here at Short-Media value our members and their positive contributions.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I'm all for keeping the abuse down, but what do you mean by a "new user profile"?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    A different user group, wherein some abilities (like accessing the Pub) will be revoked.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Yeah, ban them from looking at the babe thread! haha! The threat of that alone should keep most people in line.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    owned.gif
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    This is firm but fair. Push your luck too much and you get hit with the lockdown for a short time. Long enough for most people to calm down and think before they type.
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited July 2003
    what constitutes abuse?

I mean arguments between 2 people?

could you be more specific. I guess that since I dont know what is considered abuse im not in the dog house?

tek
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Tek: They are referring to the persistant and childish posting of a few of our younger members. Basically, an immature group of people keeps posting mocking personal attacks against another young member. They have been warned several times not to use our forums to carry out their lameness, but they insist that we are nazis by enforcing our policies of "no personal attacks". Don't worry, you're not in any violation of any policies :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    It's called harassment. :rolleyes:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Tek: Anything that breaks forum rules.

And I am the Nazi.;D Funny kids these days.;D
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2003
    Blackhawk said
    It's called harassment. :rolleyes:

HEh....you said ASS. Heh heh huh huh heh heh! :nudge::p
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    What about excessive cursing from a member's post?
    edited July 2003
    mmonnin said
    Anything that breaks forum rules.

A N Y T H I N G!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    So are you saying anything or just some things?
    edited July 2003
    Why dont you try something and you will find out.;)

Hahah good one.;D;D
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    *whooooshhhh*
    there goes my account...out the window
    /edit
    but on a serious note...would the person be private messaged about their childish behaviour...i mean i KNOW im immature...but i atleast thought i stuck to forum rules
    edited July 2003
    Yes of course WuG. And if it gets to thise point, they know they are doing something wrong. Its usually on purpose.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Heh, see wug and tek are cool 'cause they actually care so much they're paranoid :) Trust me, the people that was pointed at know what's up.

mmonnin! I am teh 1337 nazi too!! w00t w00t! :p

Please note that we are referring to titles given to us, not actual nazism ;)

/me goes to ban TD for being a smart aleck... ;D
  • hprhpr :o hi o:
    edited July 2003
    so..... creating a happy birthday thread for a fellow forum member is now harassment?! omg wtf.....

and for those that DONT know what i am talking about because they never saw the thread, here it is...

http://freedom.pwnji.net/Short-Media%20Forums%20-%20Happy%20Birthday%20IonFizzle.htm

nazis..... yup..... :rolleyes:

great place you got here, oh, btw, if i see another ****ing (i blanked that out on purpose because omfg, not everyone has heard the f word...... once again i roll my eyes :rolleyes: ) birthday thread, i want it deleted immediately....

kthxbye! :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    thanks for this thread MM ...I hope it gets put to good use like really soon.
  • hprhpr :o hi o:
    edited July 2003
    that mean you want me banned from the feedback area too?!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    hpr said

You call us nazis but you seem to come back here quite a lot. You antagonize members then cry when you can't act like a tool. You're 20 years old and you derive pleasure from picking on a 14 year old. winnar!
    kthxbye! :D

Go. Now. Please.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited July 2003
    Sounds quite reasonable to me...
    edited July 2003
    hpr said
    that mean you want me banned from the feedback area too?!
    not personal ...just don't agree with the whole Ion situation.
    He left so why keep dragging a dead horse?
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited July 2003
    TD_Isles said
    hpr said

You call us nazis but you seem to come back here quite a lot. You antagonize members then cry when you can't act like a tool. You're 20 years old and you derive pleasure from picking on a 14 year old. winnar!

Of course we come back here, it's where Ionfizzle hangs out.

And what kind of site doesn't let you say ****?

I hang out in [URL=irc://irc.gamesnet.net/addaboy]cool places[/URL] where little pussies (no offense to m011y) aren't allowed, so kthxbye ****-media

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
    edited July 2003
    why don't you guys go crap your own website? oh wait ...you already have!:wtf:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Nazi here - closing the thread because it has become useless :)

Zeig Heil!
This discussion has been closed.