Reactivating my WoW Account

2»

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    I might be joining you GnomeWizardd‌... I'm downloading WoW again (I haven't played since college and being unemployed means I have all the spare time!)

We won't tell @UPSLynx‌. He never checks this section of the forums, so we're set.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2014

@CannonFodder said:
    We won't tell UPSLynx‌. He never checks this section of the forums, so we're set.

Pft, I could care less if @UPSLynx‌ finds out.
    This 13MB/s download is nice tho

Oh, I was just amused at the thought of even more peer pressure for @UPSLynx‌

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@UPSLynx was brewed in a pressure resistant bottle. In addition, he was brewed with so much priming sugar and had a fancy apparatus that stored and then re-pumped the CO2 back into him, so that during the 'lol yeast eat sugar' phase, the CO2 equilibrium was never overbalanced. Thus, he possesses and therefore applies a ton of pressure to the interior of the bottle.

As such, he can take a significant amount of positive pressure from his friends and loved ones.

UPSLynxmidga
  • @UPSLYNX IS SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

@UPSLynx can cook a turducken inside out.

@UPSLYNX : he's got the monkeys, we want the monkeys.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Damn, y'all are making me want to jump back in now.

And the cold sweats and shakes begin...

primesuspectJBoogaloo
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    UPSLynx was brewed in a pressure resistant bottle. In addition, he was brewed with so much priming sugar and had a fancy apparatus that stored and then re-pumped the CO2 back into him, so that during the 'lol yeast eat sugar' phase, the CO2 equilibrium was never overbalanced. Thus, he possesses and therefore applies a ton of pressure to the interior of the bottle.

As such, he can take a significant amount of positive pressure from his friends and loved ones.

• bane voice *?

Do you think pressure gives you power over me? I was born to pressure. Pressure ran throughout my body and made me stronger. Your pressure makes you weak.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Who knew peer pressure worked?

pigflipperRyanFodderChooch
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Got the new video card last night and Got over to the proving grounds, Sooo Nice to have a Flying Mount! I will be in the proving grounds for a while figuring out what I want to use It is quite alot to pull together when you have soooo many spells to choose from

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

You should really take a look at some of the links I sent you. They will guide your decisions on "spells to choose from". As @Thrax‌ said, wow is a math game and someone else has already run the numbers. Bitten's Spellflash (insert your class name here) is pretty useful.

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    Who knew peer pressure worked?

It took so long because our peer pressure was throttled. Why? Because @UPSLynx didn't pay Comcast for a peering arrangement.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@GnomeWizardd said:
    Got the new video card last night and Got over to the proving grounds, Sooo Nice to have a Flying Mount! I will be in the proving grounds for a while figuring out what I want to use It is quite alot to pull together when you have soooo many spells to choose from

I probably should have mentioned what each medal would translate to in the Proving Grounds. For your purposes, you should jump out of there either once you feel comfortable with your DPS, or once you reach Bronze medal.
    Bronze means you understand the basics of the ROLE, and a bit about your class.
    Silver means you now understand the intricate details of the role and understand your class well.
    Gold means you understand the fine details of both the role and especially your class.

I didn't complete Gold till couple weeks ago, after months of practice with raiding.

Now I'm curious, does anyone else in the guild have Gold Proving Grounds done?

Myrmidon
    edited August 2014

Endless healer, Bronze tank, Silver damage here. Spent a night fucking around with it before we started doing 10m normals, got endless/bronze, came back in the middle of our normals run and pushed to silver damage to kill some time.

Don't put too much emphasis on proving grounds. Your divisions of bronze/silver/gold make sense only if you finish the proving grounds without looking up 'how to do it' on the web. If you look up how to beat the proving grounds, you're really only using someone else's strategies, gear setups, etc.

For instance, if you look up how much spirit you need to get to endless wave 40 on healing, you'll just know how much spirit to get to endless wave 40 on healing. But if you figure out how much spirit you need YOURSELF, then you know how your mana feels at different spirit levels. Then, you'll take a shot at getting to endless 40, say 'oh, no, I need enough mana to cast this spell THIS often, that's about 2000 more spirit.'

It also doesn't take into account using the multiple talents and glyphs at your disposal. Another good for instance, I talent clemency as a ret paladin and use it to reduce the damage that tanks take, save mages that pull aggro, cleanse people when the dispels are too slow, get a head start on dpsing garrosh before the tank solidifies aggro, save ryder when he pulls aggro, etc. None of these nuances (which all stem from one particular talent) will ever even be hinted at in the proving grounds. The fine details come with careful thought or clever application when things are going wrong. Follow a guide to beating the proving grounds, and you'll never use clemency, supplication, or any paladin hands properly. Use your own head to beat them, and chances are you'll have at least read about these abilities, even if you don't get the chance to mess around with them.

Knowing the fine details of your role and class guarantees victory in the proving grounds, but victory in the proving grounds DOES NOT guarantee knowledge of the fine details of your role and class.

EDIT: I notice I didn't express my agreement with Rah's assessment of the situation - yes, you should definitely jump out of there once you feel comfortable with your dps/with bronze, that's an excellent milestone. Also, I don't think I iterated - it IS impressive if you knock down the proving grounds, and it IS a hell of a feat. I merely disagree that it's very good for finding out the fine details of your class.