Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Android "Lollipop" have arrived

2»

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Sonorous said:
    Or you could do the logical thing and keep a few dozen albums and play lists downloaded and add and remove stuff as you tire of it.

nope.jpg

SonorousardichokeTushon
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@Sonorous said:
    I haven't been in a situation where I need my entire collection available to me all at once, hence my refusal to worry about storage space on the new Nexus devices or any other phone.

On most road trips, I'd like all of my media available because it gets tiring listening to the same thing over and over again. Especially if you're going through a dead zone (almost all of Central PA)

ardichoke
  • @Sonorous said:
    Or you could do the logical thing and keep a few dozen albums and play lists downloaded and add and remove stuff as you tire of it.

You're assuming I know exactly what I'm going to want to listen to at the start of the day. Also, that I have the time to regularly rotate the media on my phone. Neither of which is the case. Also, seconded on road trips, though that issue has been mitigated some by having a vehicle with Sync and a large USB flash drive. Still, the playback interface on my phone/tablet is far better than Ford Sync.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT, @ARDICHOKE. PLEASE REPEAT YOUR COMMAND SLOWLY. FOR SAFETY, PLEASE PULL OVER YOUR VEHICLE AND REPEAT YOUR COMMAND SLOWLY AND CLEARLY

mertesn
  • @primesuspect said:
    I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT, ARDICHOKE. PLEASE REPEAT YOUR COMMAND SLOWLY. FOR SAFETY, PLEASE PULL OVER YOUR VEHICLE AND REPEAT YOUR COMMAND SLOWLY AND CLEARLY

Pretty much this. Really though, I love Sync when compared to the entertainment systems in my past vehicles, but there are some serious UX improvements that could be done. That's why I always end up just using the bluetooth media input.

Also, it annoys me to no end that you can't pair a bluetooth device while the vehicle is in gear. This has bit us so many times when the passenger wanted to pair their device to play media.

I think this thread has officially derailed.

choo-choo.