The Racer's Thread

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited January 2015 in Lifestyle

Hey guys,

After talking with a few of you, I noticed that there are a few guys that either participate or are interested in motorsports, including me, @Jammin1911‌ , and @XGPHero‌ . So I was wondering if there was anyone else. Also, I wanted to create a thread where the racers on Icrontic can get together and talk shop and compare notes. Two wheels or four, Any series, Any track. Also including drivers and/or crew members.

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Paging @BuddyJ, @Ryder, and @pseudonym...

• doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

Count me in.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Don't race my car, personally, but I love motorsport. Often considered taking my G35 to a track day, but it's more wear on the tires/breaks/clutch than I want to deal with since it's my DD.

I should hit up autocross, I hear it's tons of fun.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@aspieRommel, you might want to check out Let's Talk Cars. Its a little more about cars in general, so these threads should go well together.

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

This thread is relevant to my interests.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@XGPHero‌ I understand that, and personally love that thread. But I didn't see one that was for the racers, the ones who take those cars and push them (the cars and team) to the limit.

@UPSLynx‌ I have been to at least one autocross race and it looked fun. I should note that the announcer called it an autocross event. Basically it was a "halftime show" between the heats and feature for a demo derby event. But it still looked like fun.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Besides @Ryder and @pseudonym‌, does anyone here actually race?

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@aspieRommel, i was trying to show you another thread that you might like, about a slightly different but related topic. not to imply that there can be only one. thats why i said that these threads should go together nicely

@XGPHero‌ Oh, ok. Sorry.

@BuddyJ‌ I used to pit crew for a few driver friends of mine a few years back. I've been wanting to go back and might be going back this year with another driver friend of mine.

edited January 2015

In the process of updating for the season....

www.briannovakracing.com

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@pseudonym said:
    In the process of updating for the season....

www.briannovakracing.com

Sweet. Can't wait to see you race at Daytona this year.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@BuddyJ said:
    Besides Ryder and pseudonym‌, does anyone here actually race?

Depends on your definition of race.

As in: competitive, red, yellow, go, with checkered flags and the like? Nope.

Have I pushed the limits of what my car is capable of doing on a race track and slid off with minimal consequences? Yup.

Don't do track time anymore either though.

@CannonFodder‌ So did yo do more of the TT (Time Trial) style racing then. That's cool. Not to mention you have invaluable experience on how to nail a corner to keep a good speed and so on. So welcome aboard!

@pseudonym‌ Not to be mean, but yeah, you guys REALLY need to update that website. And to what @CrazyJoe‌ said, you guys are running the road course, right? Because running the oval is essentially suicide.

@pseudonym‌ By the way, any Indiana stops this year?

Yes, road course. No Indy stops this year but I will be at Mid-Ohio and Road America. Those would be the closest most likely.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@pseudonym said:
    Yes, road course. No Indy stops this year but I will be at Mid-Ohio and Road America. Those would be the closest most likely.

Come back to Laguna Seca!

@pseudonym said:

Well, I meant like Putnam Park or anyplace like that. But other than that, if I am able to get my car soon, I'll try to stop by one of those races.