The Big E3 2015 Announcement Thread

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited June 2015 in Gaming
  1. Xbox One will be backwards compatible with digital and physical Xbox 360 games this holiday season. 100 games will initially be supported, as Microsoft must validate each title against the 360 emulator they built to perform this backwards compatibility. Their goal is to expand to "hundreds" of titles.
  2. New Xbox Elite wireless controller. Adjustable hair triggers, four remappable rear paddles, swappable joystick geometries, swappable dpad. October @ $149 (barf).
  3. AAA GAMES: Star Wars: Battlefront, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Doom, Dishonored 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 (Nov10), PvZ Garden Warfare 2, Elder Scrolls Legends TCG, "Rare Replay" (30 classic Rare games in one box), Dark Souls 3 @Ilriyas, Rockband 4 (Oct6), Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Aug25), Need For Speed, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3 prints money, new Hitman.
  4. Console Fallout 4 can use PC mods.
  5. YouTube is developing a competitor to Twitch.
  6. Steam Early Access-like program coming to Xbox One: the Preview Program.
  7. Microsoft announces nebulous partnership with Valve for Windows 10 + VR. Microsoft previously attended a recent Oculus event, announcing that an Xbox One controller would come bundled with the Rift and that Xbone games could be streamed to a virtual room inside the Rift.
  8. New version of Minecraft specifically for Microsoft HoloLens. The game can be played on any flat surface available: tables, walls, floors, whatever. Cross-compatible with existing version of Minecraft.
  9. AMD announces a new family of GPUs in a livecast: the R 300 Series
    Developing...
ZanthianprimesuspectBuddyJGnomeQueenIlriyasBobbyDigiDeathJester

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Holy ducking butt ball ship

Minecraft HoloLens

PirateNinja
  • Doom and Dishonored 2: Don't disappoint me.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Doom and Dishonored 2: Don't disappoint me.

I can't possibly be disappointed Dishonored 2. Thought the first one was a steaming pile o shit (relatively speaking).

_k
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

You wouldn't possibly know more about #9, would you? ;)

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    You wouldn't possibly know more about #9, would you? ;)

Everything there is to know. ;) But all of it will be broadcast live to the world tomorrow.

GHoosdumBuddyJ
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

UPSLynxPirateNinja
  • Go on....

The Mass Effect universe has landed in Utah.

PirateNinja
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

really happy to see EA putting some $ at SWTOR

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire

_kUPSLynxChoochBasil
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Pretty damn proud of our trailer reveals today.

ChoochDontCallMeKelso
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

this is kinda how I feel about Battlefront right now...

THE LAST GUARDIAN IS FINALLY HERE!!!!! OMG!!!!!

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Church4252 said:
    THE LAST GUARDIAN IS FINALLY HERE!!!!! OMG!!!!!

*Sometime in 2016...

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

The Jason Derulo song in the Ubi showcase was like a sudden flare-up of terminal IBS...

Dat Battlefront doh...

Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Garg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2015

I don't care how many years later it is. The opening notes of that song still send chills down my spine

KarmaChoochUPSLynx_kEMT

I'mma be dropping way too much money on FF7 ephemera.

Delicious co-op Missions gameplay from Battlefront:

edited June 2015

@primesuspect said:
    I don't care how many years later it is. The opening notes of that song still send chills down my spine

The office is empty, it's just myself, Huskyhog, and Caylen. When that music started to chime, we were running around and screaming like a bunch of children. Man, what a moment.

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

So I see Square Enix decided it need to print more money, lol! Sadly, I know I will get the FF7 remake as well. Now if only they would do the same for FF6... :P

EMTd3k0yGHoosdum
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

A wild Colgere appears!!

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Gonna be "that guy", I didn't care for FF7, never made it much past the golden saucer.

I do like how they remade the the previous games for mobile, but 7 requires full next-gen HD.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Super Mario, Metroid, and Legend of Zelda all get new games this year or early next year.

Nintendo wins E3 without a press conference.

Nintendo was underwhelming...

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

WiiU Zelda is all I want to know about.

I totally disagree, @mertesn

Super Mario gets "Mario Maker". Boring. I don't even consider this a mario game.

Metroid gets what looks like a freakin' mobile game. "4-player coop cartoon metroid". Nope.

Legend of Zelda gets "Four was too tall so we decided three was a good number" multi-player co-op dungeon game. Nope.

None of these are core games. They are spin-offs.

I really, really wanted to see a current-gen Metroid or Metroid Prime game.

The only exciting game they showed was Starfox Zero. Mario & Luigi Paper Jam looks good, and Wooly World looks fun. Everything else was a total yawn.

They showed almost nothing for the WiiU which tells me that they're done with the platform. We'll see core Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games on NX, most likely this fall or at E32016.

Chooch

@primesuspect said:

They showed almost nothing for the WiiU which tells me that they're done with the platform. We'll see core Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games on NX, most likely this fall or at E32016.

NOOO!!! We haven't had a WiiU Zelda yet! They can't quit the platform without even one Zelda game! D-:

@CB said:
    NOOO!!! We haven't had a WiiU Zelda yet! They can't quit the platform without even one Zelda game! D-:

I think that's exactly what they're going to do. Our Zelda game for WiiU was Windwaker HD

lame