Options

Blocking people on hotmail.

edited September 2005 in Science & Tech
I accidently chose to receive mail from these places and they keep sending me junk. I looked around hotmail and cant find where to block them.

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited September 2005
    Just click on the message and then hit the Junk button. Hotmail will remeber the addresses and or title info, and control it for you from there.

Messages more than 5 days old will be automatically deleted from the Junk E-Mail folder. Review the messages in this folder from time to time to ensure that it includes only mail you don't want in your Inbox. Tell the Junk E-Mail Filter which messages you'd prefer to have delivered to your Inbox by using the checkboxes and then clicking the 'Not Junk' button.

Also, if you signed up for e-mails you don't want any more, check the e-mail for an Unsubscribe link, so they stop sending you anything.

Dexter...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Also, if you signed up for e-mails you don't want any more, check the e-mail for an Unsubscribe link, so they stop sending you anything.
    Sure, if it's a reputable company. If it's a fly-by-night, or a spammer, clicking the unsubscribe link will merely tell them that your email account is alive and well and that it's capable of receiving more traffic. :D:eek: :shakehead
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I've been clicking the JUNK button on the same messages for months. Fortunately, it's in an email account that I use for sites where I need a correct email address, but I really don't want anything from them. My real email accounts, that I only want good messages in, aren't used.

If you go to a site and HAVE to put in an email address but don't want to use your own, I make up something, like nunyabizness294576@hotmail.com .