For sale/trade 1 GB PC133 for an Athlon XP cpu

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Trading Post
I bought 1 GB of NEW PC133 memory (2 512 MB sticks) for a Biostar motherboard I had been given for free. Free because it needed a BIOS chip. But I found out that getting a new BIOS was more cost and hassle than I wanted to put into it.

So after doing research on Micro ATX motherboards, I find that I have far more choices in DDR memory boards.

So now I don't need this 1 GB of SDRAM. I now need 1 GB of PC3200.

I think a trade like that is unlikely to happen, so I'd like to either sell these 2 sticks for $110 total (make offer), or trade them for an AMD Athlon XP+ 2600 or 2700 or 2800 CPU.

I installed these memory sticks in a computer, and according to CPU-Z 1.30, here are the specs. It was sold as not being Micron memory, but made with Micron chips. And they have blue heat spreaders riveted onto them.

Manufacturer - Micron Technology 64M X 64 chips
Part # 512ucunzwmea
3-3-3-6 133 Mhz

Anyone interested?

Comments

• edited November 2005
    Just so nobody messes up, 512 MB sticks are not supported by older Intel chipset boards like the good old BX chipset, which if they run at all will only see half the stick's ram. They most probably will run in a KT133/KT133A chipset board just fine though.

Just figured I'd post this reminder for folks looking for ram for their old Intel boards, Tim.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Yes, that's right. I put these sticks in an Abit ST-6 motherboard, and it shows only half the memory. The CPU-Z program shows it all. I put in both of these sticks along with another 256 stick, and CPU-Z showed 1280 MB, but Task Manager only saw 512 MB.

The ST-6 has 3 DIMM slots and a 512 MB maximum memory limit.

And I ran the computer using only 1 of each of these 2 sticks, and they both worked fine, albeit showing 256 of the 512 in the ST-6 because of its memory limitations.
  • IamMrRayIamMrRay Otis, MA
    edited November 2005
    I have an odld 1800 xp
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Still for sale. Someone out there must need a good RAM upgrade for their older system.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Thread etiquette and rules. It's OK to tell someone that you've got an item that he might want. After that though, when you start mentioning trading value, or proposed value, it's time to switch to private messages or email. OK? Great, carry on! :D

[EDIT] Tim, I wasn't referring to you.
  • saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
    edited March 2007
    512 sdram stii 4 sale?? let me know
    Thanks
    edited March 2007
    stii 4 sale??
    Considering that the thread is a year and three months old, I doubt it. ;)

Welcome to Short-Media and thank you for your first post. Make yourself comfortable here and check out our other forums as well!
    edited March 2007
    Never hurts to ask
    edited March 2007
    Never hurts to ask
    Well, I can't argue with that. You might want to send Tim a private message. Good luck.
    edited March 2007
    Hello again,
    Thanks for your advice I went to his web site and sent him a message. Since i am new here i didn't realize i could send a private message via this site. I'll look that up.

Thanks again
    any other advice is welcome.