SETI@home

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    this program called SETI @ home it searches for life on different planets which is more interesting then folding.. why is it called folding anyways..
    yah so lol ;D
    i'd rather search for little green men. extra terrestrial life

Hardly a serious recruitment approach.

I say he wants to fold but he's just too shy to ask to join the team! :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    I sould put a dancing penis up just to make you guys aware that quoting me only makes u look stupid.. or me well doesn't matter i can say watever i want.. so if u guys wanna bargade me with unsolicted comments that fine i can take it.. but yeah if folding is so important.. ur'e never gonna make the final mark u or ur team 93.. because there is way more people in SETI@HOME.. than using proctector@home with combing proteins
    Right. :mullet:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    OMG dude yuo r so rite im go switch my computerz to SETI@home and find little green men LOL ;D and use proctatcor@home way more people than uor sily foldng mi cat thomas he is a tabbay he is the best at SETI@home :D he found a deal newegg RAM $129 fo 512 it's the best overclockar!! :sawed::sawed::sawed::rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr: :bs: :bs:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    OMG dude yuo r so rite im go switch my computerz to SETI@home and find little green men LOL ;D and use proctatcor@home way more people than uor sily foldng mi cat thomas he is a tabbay he is the best at SETI@home :D he found a deal newegg RAM $129 fo 512 it's the best overclockar!! :sawed::sawed::sawed::rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr: :bs: :bs:
    sonowolf lives! :headbange
    edited December 2005
    Uh-Oh. I see this thread veering off-topic... :rolleyes:

Let's get back to talking about...what was that, again? :scratch:

BTW: My dogs could maek ur cat howl and jump up treees an if u dont beleaf it ill shoe u
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2005
    Lart time :).
  • zakalwezakalwe Estonia New
    edited December 2005
    sould put a dancing penis up just to make you guys aware that quoting me only makes u look stupid.. or me well doesn't matter i can say watever i want.. so if u guys wanna bargade me with unsolicted comments that fine i can take it.. but yeah if folding is so important.. ur'e never gonna make the final mark u or ur team 93.. because there is way more people in SETI@HOME.. than using proctector@home with combing proteins

Errrm
    According to ICD-10 (chapter 5) low frustration tolerance and low threshold of aggression onset are among symptoms of antisocial personality disorder (F60.2)
    But as personality disorders are usually not diagnosed when a person is in his/her [pre]teens, I think some preventive measures are best to be taken in the interest of the client :)

PS: The US-based DSM-IV (R) might have different diagnostic criteria!
    Oh, and dysgraphia is a rather severe disorder considering prospective [junior] high school graduation. Or is differential assessment allowed in your legislation? :D
    edited December 2005
    zakalwe wrote:
    Errrm
    According to ICD-10 (chapter 5) low frustration tolerance and low threshold of aggression onset are among symptoms of antisocial personality disorder (F60.2)
    But as personality disorders are usually not diagnosed when a person is in his/her [pre]teens, I think some preventive measures are best to be taken in the interest of the client :)

PS: The US-based DSM-IV (R) might have different diagnostic criteria!
    Oh, and dysgraphia is a rather severe disorder considering prospective [junior] high school graduation. Or is differential assessment allowed in your legislation? :D
    Are you trying to say he's nuts? That's a fairly serious claim, you know.

Hits pretty close to home for me, too... :bawling: ;D
  • zakalwezakalwe Estonia New
    edited December 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Are you trying to say he's nuts?

No.
    It was not to be taken seriously. I thought no one would (or has so far).
    Just told what I thought about the post quoted...well...using a bit different terms:)
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2005
    :/ Noone else here found the lart funny :/........ we need some bigger nerds here on sm.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2005
    FWIW...........i did the SETI thing also. Thought the idea of making "Contact" was pretty neat. :thumbsup:

When i came across Short-Media i spotted the Folding forum. I got these visions about all these people Folding bits of paper or something. :D

How wrong i was. It's about what the protiens in the body do. Never knew that. Learned something new.

Than i came to realise the consequences of these protiens Mis-folding and what could happen to anyone of us. A bit more research found a dedicated bunch of people unselfishly processing data looking for cures that would help ALL of humanity.

This is when i stopped Seti and started Folding. Nobody had a gun to my head. It's all about personal preferences. Ours is folding, yours is SETI.

I hope you get as much enjoyement out of SETI as we do out of Folding. Democracy is a wonderful thing. Freedom of choice. :thumbsup:
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited December 2005
    Nice job Loaded Swipster Skillz... You were able to amass a total of 43 posts based on your initial "hand grenade" style post.

If my "troll" skillz were half has honed as yours, I could take down the Internet.