Newegg Trade-in Center

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited April 2006 in Trading Post
I was browsing around Newegg, and found the Newegg Tradein Center. I'd never seen this before!

Get cash for your working pre-owned products making your next newegg.com purchase even more affordable

It is easy! Follow these four easy steps:
* Step 1 -- Register for a Trade-In account and log in to the Trade-In Center.
* Step 2 -- Select the appropriate trade-in estimator and receive an instant estimate.
* Step 3 -- Print a prepaid shipping label and ship your items to our trade-in warehouse.
* Step 4 -- 7 days after receipt of the item we send you a newegg.com gift certificate via email

http://newegg.eztradein.com/newegg/

You can get the tradein value of your electronics without making an account, so I priced I few things. My computer only came up to $239.36. My Palm Pilot was worth $11.49 to them, and my mom's laptop $334.80. Surprisingly, our digital camera was worth $114.00 - that's really good for such a simple Kodak EasyShare camera.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    wow...nice find!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Thanks, Pilot. I'd still rather sell person to person, but the Newegg option would be great if you have something that won't sell on a forum or if you don't want to take the time for a private sale.

Good find!
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited March 2006
    Thanks!

Yeah I agree it's not the best way. But if something just will not sell, a few bucks is better than nothing!
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Just to clarify, this site is not run by NewEgg. They only offer a gift certificate to NewEgg for items traded. I also noticed that this company, Deal Tree, doesn't have very great ratings. Some people have had great transactions, even more have been very unhappy.

Just an FYI. Nice idea though.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    My super computer doesn't even seem to be worth $200 at that site... no thanks.
    edited March 2006
    RWB wrote:
    My super computer doesn't even seem to be worth $200 at that site... no thanks.
    Might be good for other things though - Old cell phones, digital cameras, many other things.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    My pc is worth 188 bucks to them...what a bunch of nubs!

Sad that the Manufacturer of the pc decides rather your pc is worth $180 or $220

WOW, an ipod video is worth more than my pc!
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    yeh, it said my socke 754 2800 system is un-sellable...n00bs.
    edited March 2006
    yeh, it said my socke 737 2800 system is un-sellable...n00bs.
    I don't blame them for not wanting a socket 737 system :buck:
    edited March 2006
    it outruns a 3.2 ht'd p4....
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    it outruns a 3.2 ht'd p4....
    He was making a joke, b/c you posted it at a 737. I believe you ment 754. And yea, it would run as fast as a 3.2GHz p4 if it was a 3200+!
    edited March 2006
    i feel stupid now...its oc'd a little bit its not faster than the p4 at everything, but it is at quite a bit of stuff. but 1 gig of ram and a 6800GT helps. I just like the fact that I spent no where as much for my 754 system than they did for the hp
  • chevyfan1a4chevyfan1a4 Maine
    edited March 2006
    Okay, on the new egg trade in place, why is it that if you describe your pc under Server you get a lot more money for it than if you described the same thing under Desktop pc?
    edited March 2006
    because it is a retarded system. same reason why if my system was built by hp itd be worth a lil bit.
    edited March 2006
    because it is a retarded system. same reason why if my system was built by hp itd be worth a lil bit.
    Makes sense. More people will buy HP's than custom no-branded comps I would assume.
    edited March 2006
    the inrony in that is that it is pretty probable that the homebuilt pc will be constructed of better hardware than an oem pc.
    edited March 2006
    the inrony in that is that it is pretty probable that the homebuilt pc will be constructed of better hardware than an oem pc.
    This is usually true, but most people buy OEMs.
    edited March 2006
    because of the name on the box...oh well. not my problem if someone want to [strike]waste[/strike] spend their money on a oem.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    because of the name on the box...oh well. not my problem if someone want to [strike]waste[/strike] spend their money on a oem.
    to some people simplicity is more valuable than money. nothing wrong with that.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited April 2006
    Nice find Pilot! i surf Newegg all the time and have never noticed..thx!