The Official Live LAN CAM!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Community
With the event around the corner I have created a online cam with camstreams.com This will be the exclusive free online viewer for the SM LAN 2006.

http://sledgehammer70.camstreams.com/

Feed seems to only like IE6 and some Firefox browsers..

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Great idea!
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited May 2006
    very cool!
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited May 2006
    Wow even audio? Thats cool!!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2006
    watching the 7800GT is so much fun! cool idea

Sledge, sledge sledge....my respect for you dropped from this [////////] down to this [//// ] after I heard your ringtone.....toxic by brittany spears :crazy:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Sweet....
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    oh woe is my poor Wide Open West cable connection :(

I have 512k up... I hope it won't totally suck.... :-/
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Prime I haven't seen you log on yet :)
  • edited May 2006
    Who will be the first one to drop trou in front of it?

Brian, do you think maybe your neighbors would let us gank some bandwidth from them for the weekend? They seem cool enough.
    edited May 2006
    Hey Prime do you have a dedicated IP?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    nope... cable internet... It's kinda static - I get a new IP every couple of months or so..
    edited May 2006
    well we only need a semi static IP each day :) the bandwidth taken by the Cam is very minimal, as you can set it to what you want it to use :)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, it looks like that website actually distributes the video so 512k should be fine for just one stream, I'm sure.
  • edited May 2006
    that looks sweet! is that gonna be on during the whole LAN?

bikerboy
    edited May 2006
    Is it working? last I checked it was down :( stupid work computer....

If Prime allows it, and if it doesn't eat bandwidth hopefully :)
  • edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Brian, do you think maybe your neighbors would let us gank some bandwidth from them for the weekend? They seem cool enough.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Sweet! :headbange
  • edited May 2006
    its not showing anything. on a black area where i assume the video would be and at the bottom of the black area it says ready. is this a problem at my end or your end?

bikerboy
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited May 2006
    Says the stream is offline :bawling:
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    You know...if you replace the L in LAN with M....

*shudders*
    edited May 2006
    Cam has been down for a FEW DAYS. Also get the M out of your head. UNless Prime moves it to the Mantounch tent!
    edited May 2006
    Well it looks like my IP changes every day so it is hard to keep up with the updates and allowing the router to open the right port... so I will have the cam up on June 20th and try to keepp it alive until the moment I leave and post it back online once we are at primes
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    BUMP, is this still gonna happen?
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    sledge, you cant do anything about your isp changing the ip, but you can go to network connections, select ip/tcp, then click advanced. and there should be two options, either acquire the ip automatically, or to use a regular ip.

if you are using a linksys router, it should be the 192.128.x.x

I have my network setup like this:
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    My PC: 192.168.1.2
    Living Room PC: 192.168.1.3

Not sure if that is the "right" way to do it, but it works.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    The issue isn't the internal IP of the PC...its the External IP. If you want to see the cam (which is always in the same place) you need to be able to go to that place....but if the external IP changes....the place changes as far as the PC's that are trying to connect to the cam are concerned...they don't know where to look.

Try using NOIP.com They have a neat little app that runs on your PC and updates your dynamic IP to a DNS name that you pick.

I use it and I can always get home :)
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    what plugin do i get to work it?
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    The issue isn't the internal IP of the PC...its the External IP. If you want to see the cam (which is always in the same place) you need to be able to go to that place....but if the external IP changes....the place changes as far as the PC's that are trying to connect to the cam are concerned...they don't know where to look.

Try using NOIP.com They have a neat little app that runs on your PC and updates your dynamic IP to a DNS name that you pick.

I use it and I can always get home :)

yes, I was saying that in a sort of way, see, I have a dynamic ip, but the external ip only changes every couple of weeks. but before I had the internal ip's set to static, the damn router was changing them every 5 minutes. Just thought that might aide his problem. So I guess I have it good since my Cable company doesnt change the ip as often as others.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Oh...I see what you are saying....interesting..I never noticed, with DSL, my IP seems to change often....but even that varies...sometimes I am the same for 3 weeks. :rolleyes:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2006
    Is the cam going live? In FF and IE it gets as far as 'connecting to media' and just sits there.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Bothered I had the same problem until I discovered the SP2 firewall and FF was blocking it. Just check for that. It's off-line at the moment :(
    edited June 2006
    uMMMM LAN CAM IS IN CALIFORNIA! I am hitting Prime up....

We Need Internet in The Tent!!!!!!!!!