Electron Microscope! Team 93 Rally Style

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Folding@Home
Just wanted to show some great EEM stats :) Evereyone should post their EEM layout here!
Fold.jpg 227.2K

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I was very excited today when I was setting up EM3...but sad to find out it only supports 50 clients. :-(

Anyone have another monitoring program that can do maybe 150-200?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Ah yes, I see what you did there...

eWang++
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    :) I had a little lap over :)
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    I was very excited today when I was setting up EM3...but sad to find out it only supports 50 clients. :-(

Anyone have another monitoring program that can do maybe 150-200?
    You can run multiple instances of EMIII, just needs to be in different folders.

Datsun 1600
    edited September 2006
    You can run multiple instances of EMIII, just needs to be in different folders.

Datsun 1600

hmm...ok.... I just need to figure out how to have machines automatically add themselves to my EM3 queue...but that probably isn't possible. I'll just have them throw a text file up to the server with their info.
    edited October 2006
    actually you have to map within EM3 where the folding folders are on those machines, and than add each box to the list :(

to note this si the real list of PC's I have direct access to :) the rest are not on this network... :(
    Fold.jpg 233.6K
    edited October 2006
    actually you have to map within EM3 where the folding folders are on those machines, and than add each box to the list :(

to note this si the real list of PC's I have direct access to :) the rest are not on this network... :(

Right, I understand. When I push FAH out to the machines on the network, I use a script. (It's in the FAQ now) I have since added a few lines to make them "report back" to me with theit EM3 info:

IF NOT EXIST \\%COMPUTERNAME%\fah1$ net share fah1$=C:\fah1
    IF NOT EXIST \\CCHS-NETMGR\folders$\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt echo \\%COMPUTERNAME%\fah1$\ > \\servername\folders$\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

Basically, it makes the C:\fah1 directory a hidden share on the machine, and uploads a text file to the fah push server with the computer name as the file name, and the share as the contents.

basically, it ends up being a directory on the FAH push server like:

machine1.txt
    machine2.txt

and inside machine1.txt would be:
    \\machine1\fah1$\

This gives me the machine name and network location of the FAH install, which lets me use EM3.

:bigggrin:

As a side note, Stanford says I have 51 or so processors active in the last week...but there's 110 text files in that folder...:headbange
    edited October 2006
    Well that means you have had 51 or so WU's submitted thus far, it only counts CPU's that have completed work.

It looks like you have had 58 CPU's submit over 120+ WU's I would guess the other ones are working on bigger projects. but 18,000+ points is a good start looks like your averaging a good 140+ points per WU :)
    edited October 2006
    well that means you have had 51 or so WU's submitteds thus far, it only counts CPU's that have completed work.

right, I understood that. What I'm waiting for is for all those machine to finish at the same time, since they're in the labs... kinda like a calm before the storm!
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited October 2006
    Dang!! Thats a lot of "folders" you´ve got there! :D

It definitely puts mine to shame :rant:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    What a beautiful sight! That's just great!:hair:
  • EnverexEnverex
    wishes he had several rooms of PCs to fold for him so he could be 'awed' at too
    Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    wishes he had several rooms of PCs to fold for him so he could be 'awed' at too
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    You never know. It could happen.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I could also grow breasts and give birth to the second incarnation of Christ but we all know the chances of that happening, eh? :rolleyes2
    edited October 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    You never know. It could happen.

hope so! every machine helps the research.

:beer:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    I could also grow breasts and give birth to the second incarnation of Christ but we all know the chances of that happening, eh? :rolleyes2
    If it does, I want to see some pics. :cool:
    edited October 2006
    Dang!! Thats a lot of "folders" you´ve got there! :D

It definitely puts mine to shame :rant:

1. Please tell me that is a live page of your EM3 watching your boxes
    2. Please tell how to get that going!

:)
    edited October 2006
    Yep it is... a friend of mine built me an ASP page with IIS that links all my 3 folding rigs. :)
    edited October 2006
    Yep it is... a friend of mine built me an ASP page with IIS that links all my 3 folding rigs. :)

dah!

port it to php/apache and I'd be down... Don't have any boxes that are ASP/IIS.

cool though!!
    edited October 2006
    I wish I understand any php/asp whatsoever. :(
    edited October 2006
    If you hunt around in the More Options area of EMIII you'll find a page for generating HTML stats. How feasible it would be to get that going on 160+ computers I do not know. :)
    edited October 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    If you hunt around in the More Options area of EMIII you'll find a page for generating HTML stats. How feasible it would be to get that going on 160+ computers I do not know. :)

Hmm, the problem wouldn't be getting the html pages up, I would just install EM3 on a machine in my DMZ.

The problem is finding a way for these machines to insert themselves into EM3 when they get installed with FAH...because I'm not looking forward to entering that many in by hand.

...or maybe EM3 has some 'import' command? Hmm....

What would be cool is if I could have the clients hit up EM3 with a:

em3.exe -inputclient %computername% \\%computername%\fah1$

and EM3 would make an entry in the roster for it...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I know how to backup the EMIII... could be something that could be added by modifying the registry.
  • edited October 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    * Enverex wishes he had several rooms of PCs to fold for him so he could be 'awed' at too
    * Daxx wishes he had a free energy machine to power more PC's to fold for him so he could be 'awed' at too.
    edited October 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I know how to backup the EMIII... could be something that could be added by modifying the registry.

hmm...little busy today, but that might be the ticket!
    edited October 2006
    I wish I understand any php/asp whatsoever. :(

Wish granted

You'll have to find some asp resources on your own...
    edited October 2006
    lol :D
    edited October 2006
    Just got EMIII going for one of my labs.

emiii.jpg

No-one is in here right now, and all of the machine are on. Shouldn't they be folding? (the time-to-completion are mostly listed as 00:00:00??

Some of them have a countdown, but most of them don't. EM3 error, or do I need to start looking to see if these machines' FAH service is being knocked down by anpother process?
    edited October 2006
    If you just opened EMIII it will show the current progress (which it does in your case), but won't have a time estimate until it sees it complete a frame. it also takes a frame or two before the estimate will be accurate.

Bottom line, it looks normal - assuming you just started the program and/or the computers it is monitoring. :)
    edited October 2006
    ah, ok. Didn't know that it takes a few frames for EM3 to display the CPU utilization. Thanks!