Dream Gaming System

2»

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by HackingGuru
    hmmm... You sure? Thats about 148GB of space....
    Maybe i missed somthing....148GB where that aren't you using two Raptors @ 36.7GB in a raid set up?

also, GOBS of HHD space is NOT nessesary for a gaming system. For a multimedia/DVD writing/file hogging/MP3 loving kind of person sure you can never have too much. I don't think that HackingGuru is trying to sell a "everything you'll ever need in one system" kind of thing. The owner can add a HDD later.
  • OrgazmoOrgazmo CT
    edited February 2004
    I don't exactly consider my rig a "dream" game machine, but it gets the job done I guess. So whatever floats your boat.
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited February 2004
    If I dreamed about PC's in my sleep I would prolly dream f something similar to that spec tbh....

...Would need my larger HD tho, or Id have nightmares....
  • edited February 2004
    System is currently being assembled, I will post many iamges of close ups of the case etc soon! By the end of the week, keep informed guys! :p
  • OrgazmoOrgazmo CT
    edited February 2004
    I'm hoping to get a 200GB Seagate drive for some storage capacity soon, the Raptor's just don't cut it.
  • edited February 2004
    hahaha, who told you that man? *ROFLMAO* btw, its two 74GB in a Raid 0, total of 148GB
  • edited February 2004
    Is this box going to have some icrontic.com links somewhere for all this advice your getting? :)

Hope the box impresses them as much as it has me. Other than the window, its looking damn nice!
  • verselloversello New
    edited February 2004
    Why not send it to icrontic staff for review after pc gamer? ;)
  • edited February 2004
    haha, i would if it had a very large reader base! LoL, after PC Gamer, im thinking about Tech TV and also the Inquier, and yes www.theinquier.net they said they will review a system. Which one should I go with first? TechTV or Inquier?
  • edited February 2004
    Icrontic wont get a large reader base till someone pimps it to the masses.
  • edited February 2004
    Originally posted by Zuntar

Maybe i missed somthing....148GB where that aren't you using two Raptors @ 36.7GB in a raid set up?

also, GOBS of HHD space is NOT nessesary for a gaming system. For a multimedia/DVD writing/file hogging/MP3 loving kind of person sure you can never have too much. I don't think that HackingGuru is trying to sell a "everything you'll ever need in one system" kind of thing. The owner can add a HDD later.

First of all, games today take up a lot of space. and they are just going to get bigger and bigger... And of course one would want to have multiple games on the drive. plus theres all teh pics, skins, and misc software thats gonna be downloaded. So 148GB is not enough, period. It might seem like a lot at first, but in the end it will not be.

Secondly, I read PC Gamer and Maximum PC, and they ALWAYS knock the setup if there isn't enough storage space. I've seen several reviews where teh rig had the 2 36GB raptors in RAID 0 and that was all the storage in the computer. It always detracted from the score. You want to make a kick ass system and have good reviews, then just look at reviews for other computers in these magazines. Theres one in teh latest Maximum PC by Screamworx. It got a 9. Check it out
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    yada yada yada......tomatos tomaaatoes.
  • edited February 2004
    Here guys, the computers done, its going to be going away soon! Comment on the pix!!!

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited February 2004
    Niiiiiicceee, Looking good mate. Your Digital Storm logo on the window looks great, really really smart.

I like the choice of case too, all looks good as far as I can see, let us know what they say about it ect, good luck with it!
  • edited February 2004
    Thanx, i will keep everyone posted, dont worry! I'll have some pix of the Maual soon too
  • edited February 2004
    I added more pix of the Usermanual, check it out @ www.digitalstormonline.com/review/
  • edited February 2004
    Hi

I know I am way too late with this comment but I just registered on this site. Just on the off chance that you can do something with it: Your company logo has a kind of nazi-germany feel to it. There is some relation with the SS logo, and you might see some resemblance with the nazi cross (just add two "legs" to it).

I'm not trying to offend here or anything and I hope it is just my twisted mind that is seeing these things, but if you have any chance of redesigning it a bit, you should do that. Now maybe your logo has already been around for ages but I read in the beginning of this topic that you asked for a response on it. Maybe it's not a big deal for you as you are based in the US i gather from your website, which looks great btw. Great products too.

Btw I saw you upped your HDs to 2x74Gb which is a good thing, maybe up them a bit more, depending on the life cycle you want to promote for the rig (i.e. do you advice customers to do upgrades after 1 or 2 years, or should the system be good for at least 3 years before the system will start having troubles with latest game releases). On your choice of processor, any reason not to go for the A64 3400+ which has similar performance but is much cheaper? Also, again depending on your choice of lifecycle, as soon as socket939 is out for the A64 you should incorporate that in your rig as to be more future proof for cpu upgrades.

Good luck
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited February 2004
    I think the whole system Looks awsome!
    And I disagree with BigMac and logo looking like a Nazi symbol. Think it looks great.

Don't care for the Affordable part in the logo. I think It should just say High-End Gaming System. Afordable makes it sound like it's a Kia or Hyudai.

Deffanatly agree with more storage or deff have the option to add some on. I'm sure you do.

Awsome job on the wiring... very clean work.

One thing I would include free is a carying case for lan parties. Maybe you could get a logo put on it. A T-shirt would be kinda cool mousepads etc...

for the exaust fan I would use one of these http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/quad%20aluminum/Quad%20Aluminum%20Fan.htm But not the ones with lights. Nothing says cool like a Aluminum case fan. I have 2 that are simply awsome. Or I gues you could get 2 with lights and no cold cathod.

Might want to put a warning label regarding the Cpu fan

Anywho just my oppinion.