Monitor Calibration Software?

sweavesweave boston
edited February 2009 in Hardware
the new monitor is working but i was wondering if there is any software out there that i can use to properly calibrate it or would i have to do so manually?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Why make us guess so much?

What is the brand and model of your monitor?
  • sweavesweave boston
    edited February 2009
    ahhh sorry
    ASUS VW266H
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    The only way to properly calibrate a monitor is with a hardware calibration tool. I recommend Pantone Huey.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I have a Huey Pro and am very pleased with it. For such an inexpensive unit, it does a nice job.
  • sweavesweave boston
    edited February 2009
    i've been thinking of getting one but not at the moment.
    was hoping for a decent software alternative of somekind but i have it mostly tuned to where the colors are very very similar to what my crt was doing before.
    just that the brightness is a bit too much.
    then again that could honestly be all the extra white space i'm staring at now.........
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Pantone Huey on sale at woot today for $40.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2009
    I have to rely on two bio orbs.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, but those get worse over time. And they're different from crotchety old man to crotchety old man. ;)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    Yeah, but those get worse over time. And they're different from crotchety old man to crotchety old man. ;)

They sure do but a £1 spent on an optical correction device fix's this.