Modern Warfare 2 exploit leaves some Xbox 360 gamers wondering “Dude, Wheres My Rank?”

Comments

• QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Heh. Getting greifed sucks, but interesting glitches are interesting glitches :D

Those two youtube links aren't working, btw.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I'll just speak to my experience on PC.

I was a defender of matchmaking on the PC at the beginning, but damn, its screwed everything up.

I do enjoy the ability to get online without having to search servers, but the community's lack of control in dealing with the PC hackers is getting way out of hand. Valve's VAC is not cutting it.

I have been a very good COD gamer. On COD 2 there were a few stat tracking servers that would consistently have me near the top of their ranks. On the original Modern Warfare it took me a while to get going, but once I had about 20 hours on the game I became competent and once I got a couple particular combinations of gear I was fairly dominating.

I have noticed strange behavior on kill cams. Guys that just intuitively know where a guy is moving, over, and over again in a match, and generally its two or three guys in any match that I suspect. For the record, I am not a griefer, I rarely complain, if I don't like it, I just search for another game type and hope its with a better group of guys. I know some of these guys are wall hacking, and its destroying the competitive element of the game. If I were to take an educated guess, I would say at least 20% of the COD MW2 community is dirty on the PC. Seriously, one in five players is my guess, maybe more.

Don't get me wrong, I have far more important things to worry about than my COD kill to death ratio, personally, I don't have the time to fight the battle with IW or Valve. What I will say is that if they can't clean it up with some the combination of VAC and some reporting mechanism then what they need to do is enable support for dedicated servers so the admins can monitor the behavior and take control. Otherwise this will likely be the last COD title I add to my collection.

I have seen guys win entire free for all matches in under five minutes only dieing once or twice, and you watch their killcams and have a pretty good idea why. Its really pathetic. Its not like being good at Call of Duty makes you more popular with the ladies, I should know...
  • edited January 2010
    haha take that Xbox! Enjoy your DLC at level 1!
  • edited January 2010
    That really stinks. Hey, I just farted, can you guess what it smells like? - Xbox!
  • Me
    edited January 2010
    Well that kinda sucks.

Speaking of glitches etc... Seen a few people online with low ranks but high ranking emblems.. What gives with that e.g. Corporal emblem for a rank 8 player
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Calling it. TOD: 6:42pm
  • edited January 2010
    lol this is hilarious
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    No personal attacks are allowed on Icrontic, kthx. (Comment removed)
  • edited January 2010
    I have 320 nd ps3 both with mw2 and i have to say. ps3 is full of noobs. xbox is more fun and well th online is generally better (apart from these exploits) and voice quality is 1000x better
  • edited January 2010
    i meant 360 :(
  • edited January 2010
    This is why i like playing my ps3 more, 360 has to many mods, exploits and things of that nature.
  • edited January 2010
    Wow, no more HardCore Search for me..
  • edited January 2010
    I've seen something very similar on PS3.
    I joined a lobby and there were 3 10th prestigers and the rest were rank ones... A few of the rank ones had headsets and were going mad about it and were shouting that they had negative xp...
    Needless to say I left the lobby before the game started!
    My advice - if you see anything similar to this... THEN LEAVE THE GAME DAMMIT!!
  • edited January 2010
    If you are in one of these games and get a kill, go to the dashboard and the points won't count.
  • edited January 2010
    OMG IF THIS HAPPENED TO ME I WOULD FLIP OUT
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Oh God Dammit I thought we were done with Modern Warfare 2. How long are the PS3 fanboys going to rub it in the 360 fanboys faces? I mean they do have to get back at them for the "PS3 has no servers LOL" fiasco.
  • edited January 2010
    haha I'm a SPAMBOT
  • edited January 2010
    The ONLY glitch I have ran into on my PS3 is the Javelin glitch which was fixed and the 'glide' crap where a dude practically flies around. I have only seen the fast mover once, and it actually made him pretty easy to kill. Unfortunately, most my friends bought the 360 version and all of them have stopped playing due to the troubles they run into constantly. This one though is twice as bad, as it not only affects gameplay, but affects your online file too! FkD Up.
  • edited January 2010
    i play on the ps3 don't really have any complaints
  • edited January 2010
    Lucky i stopped playing this game after like 2 weeks of its release, not bad for getting it for free though =P still cut about the no dedi servers and god help us all if the pc dev's follow suit.
    @harry. ALL CONSOLES ARE SUCKISH IN GENERAL(Except the n64...<3)
  • edited January 2010
    mods are not cool :(
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    @froobnoobz n64 come on man get with the times Dreamcast for life playa:cool2:
  • edited January 2010
    The N64 is garbage.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Blasphemy!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Nintendo 8bit, that console rocked as much as the Wii sucked.
  • joe
    edited January 2010
    this is bullshit
    why would people do this?, its so unfair
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Joe wrote:
    this is bullshit
    why would people do this?, its so unfair

Because they'll never get to touch a boobie.
  • edited January 2010
    LOL thats what you get with the HACK-A-BOX360.

Only Glitches have ever been found on the other console, NEVER a HACK like the Hack-A-Box.

Microsoft = epic fail for hackable Console and PCs haha. It is one in the same just boxed differently.
  • edited January 2010
    Only reason people aren't finding more glitches on the PS3 version is because everyone is playing on the 360. The sales figures prove it! .:(o.O):.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Khaos wrote:
    Only reason people aren't finding more glitches on the PS3 version is because everyone is playing on the 360. The sales figures prove it! .:(o.O):.

I've been asking Infinity Ward for my RROD sniper scope, but for some reason they don't hear my pleas?