Modern Warfare 2 exploit leaves some Xbox 360 gamers wondering “Dude, Wheres My Rank?”

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I haven't run into anything like this on the 360 version. It seems like every time I start playing something else, MW2 gets some glitch/exploit that fucks it up for a bunch of people.

So much for getting rid of all the modded 360s. Way to waste resources MS.
  • edited January 2010
    Just to shut up all the 360 haters out there if you look at the youtube vids posted, they are PC players, not Xbox 360. The guy's profile says he is Xbox 360, but the videos show he is PC.
  • edited January 2010
    @Panz
    of course every non xbox gamer is gonna flame it, its gaming nature to have huge epeen and believe that their gaming preference is supreme.(pc here <3)
  • edited January 2010
    speaking of dreamcast this reminds of the PSO days when hackers could reset you to lv 1
  • edited January 2010
    @Panz Did you not read the article and only watch video, which could have been off a video capture card to record all Xbox games plays....

Here is a quote from the first sentence-
    "A new exploit in Modern Warfare 2 (on Xbox 360) is allowing griefers to reset their opponents’ ranks back to 1 by awarding them a large amount of negative XP at the end of the round."

If it is on Xbox it def is on Pc they are one in the same
  • edited January 2010
    The ONLY glitch I have ran into on my PS3 is the Javelin glitch which was fixed and the 'glide' crap where a dude practically flies around. I have only seen the fast mover once, and it actually made him pretty easy to kill. Unfortunately, most my friends bought the 360 version and all of them have stopped playing due to the troubles they run into constantly. This one though is twice as bad, as it not only affects gameplay, but affects your online file too! FkD Up.

idk how to quote, so yea.
    The "Fast mover" is somebody holding a care package marker. Its really light, so you can move alot faster while holding it. And if it made him easier to kill, he was doing it wrong.
  • edited January 2010
    yeah the care package marker is hella fun though =P
  • edited January 2010
    how do you run faster on modern warfare2 for xbox 360
  • edited January 2010
    i got halo 3 on my bday and i cant get all the skulls i got 1 and i need more
  • edited January 2010
    how do i get the animals on viva pinata . how do i get doenut
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    doenut.png
  • edited January 2010
    jimmy wrote:
    how do i get the animals on viva pinata . how do i get doenut

please help us
    :)
  • edited January 2010
    were not talking about that primesuspect we are talking about a video game
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Damn you Brian. I LOL'd... so... hard. Freaking threadjack.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    WHY RED IS RED?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    shotweb.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxDZE_rm5l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxDZE_rm5l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    There's the trolling this thread needs.
  • edited March 2010
    i look 4 ages to get in to a hacked sever all that there do is scam me 1050 headshots 10 bosting games i have a ratio of 00.61 now so i allway ask 4 a demo but there say no so if there say no then tere are going to f***** scame u. coment back cose i am with the ttg if eny one with ttg as clan or xbl gamertag send me msg i can get them kick out of the ttg.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    good story.
    edited March 2010
    1087039-riveting_tale_chap_super.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    ya that happend to alot of ppl go to
    leaderboards->kills->pressY->pressX->scroll down and there are alot of ppl lvl 1 and with alot of points
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    forummedicbr1.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    Woah, talk about spam...
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Mark wrote:
    ya that happend to alot of ppl go to
    leaderboards->kills->pressY->pressX->scroll down and there are alot of ppl lvl 1 and with alot of points

and nothing of value was lost.
  • edited May 2010
    Wtf every single person that says m2af i will be hosting a 10 presteige lobby everything unlocked for a 3 month or 1600 micosoft points are people that hav no life and Infinity award should ban these ppl that screw up other ppl ranks. ppl dat cheat can f**k off.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    wat
    edited May 2010
    pancake_bunny.jpg

fix't... should have known better than to be too lazy to remember where my image dump was.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    hotlinkfail
  • edited June 2010
    When my clan was hacked(360) we enterd a new game and we couldnt move or anything, the other players were out geting kills but we were all stuck in the 1st spon spot, we left the game and then noticed everything was F-ed in the A, 0 wins -over a billion losses all of our unlocks, achievments, and everything was gone. We all pay to play MW2 and as far as im concerned if EA doesnt fix it I want a FULL refund! How is it our fault that some guys have never touched a "boobie"?