ATI Catalyst 10.1 released

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• OhmecksOhmecks Orlando, Florida Member
    edited January 2010
    I updated twenty minutes ago and my cursor has already grown to its pre-9.12 hotfix size.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Err no fix for the display driver crash... & of course it isn't directly listed.. But I did find this.

Known Issues Under All Windows Operating Systems:

- Intermittent grey screen or vertical line corruption may randomly appear on the
    screen

The above issue is just about what happens.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    my cursor has already grown to its pre-9.12 hotfix size
    Ohh, that reads like spam email.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited January 2010
    Happily downloading. I love this video card.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I wish I could use mine.
  • edited January 2010
    hmm What about 3D shutter glasses support? I see no info about it in the release note.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    No such animal in this driver release, boss. Sorry.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Still no fix for cursor distortion for some people running dual monitor setups on 5000 series cards. :(

Kind of irritating.

EDIT: And no, I'm not talking about the enlarged cursor issue. Sometimes when I move my cursor to the secondary display and back, the cursor becomes distorted, but only while on the primary display. The issue will remain until I temporarily disable the secondary monitor or reboot.

I've attached some pictures, but they're crappy because screencaps were removing the cursor from the image.

Yes, in the second shot the cursor is just a black box. It's awesome and probably full of stars.
    edited January 2010
    Whoa, installed the driver and didn't have to reboot! That's awesome.
    edited January 2010
    Mas0n, the solution for your issue lies in history: Blow on your mouse.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    That second image is a work of art!
    • Nvidia is paralyzed and can't seem to progress beyond pasting new model numbers on old designs.
    • AMD can't seem to find enough good software (driver) engineers.
    • Intel produces sub-entry level graphics chips.
    Maybe 3dfx will rise from the grave!
    Maybe Matrox (are they still in business?) will produce more than 25 cards this year and enter the mainstream!

Yeah, right. :crazy:
  • faunfaun UK
    edited February 2010
    applied 10.1, mouse blew up. yay for fail drivers.
  • edited February 2010
    mas0n wrote:
    Still no fix for cursor distortion for some people running dual monitor setups on 5000 series cards. :(

Kind of irritating.

EDIT: And no, I'm not talking about the enlarged cursor issue. Sometimes when I move my cursor to the secondary display and back, the cursor becomes distorted, but only while on the primary display. The issue will remain until I temporarily disable the secondary monitor or reboot.

I've attached some pictures, but they're crappy because screencaps were removing the cursor from the image.

Yes, in the second shot the cursor is just a black box. It's awesome and probably full of stars.

:hair: and I thought I had problems with Nvidia drivers. I will certainly not upgrade the HD4850 on the other computer to 10.1 although the problems are specific to 5xxx series.
  • edited February 2010
    WB big mouse pointer
    10.1 give me the nice big mouse pointer back on HD 5750
    Ati release propper drivers for once pleas!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Meanwhile, the driver hotfix I installed to allow antialiasing support in Mass Effect 2 has created no end to graphical distortions on my desktop, and hasn't solved my intermittent pink screen/gray screen problem (which sounds a little like everybody else's vertical lines problem).

What a cluster. Just let me play without rebooting my computer every day.
    edited February 2010
    I've been having issues with that hotfix driver as well. Stutters in firefox, low FPS in TF2, choppy flash playback...but it gives me AA in Mass Effect so I'm still putting up with it for a few more days. :D
    edited February 2010
    mirage wrote:
    :hair: and I thought I had problems with Nvidia drivers. I will certainly not upgrade the HD4850 on the other computer to 10.1 although the problems are specific to 5xxx series.

My problem has been around since launch. If you haven't see it yet, I'm doubting that 10.1 would make it start.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Yeh I have the same issues. I put the hotfix on it so I'll be waiting to apply this driver. All this will make me think twice next time I'm in the market for a video card.
    edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    @Leonardo, lol that was funny :D actually yeah Matrox still exists, my friend actually works there as an engineer (here in Montreal)... but no, they won't pop out of nowhere to compete with those two bloated companies (ati and nvidia)... i mean i really hope we can see the best of two worlds soon (ati hardware (excellent) + nvidia software (pretty good in my experience but not flawless))

Oh well...this fight with graphics is neverending, same with processors --> intel // amd
    edited February 2010
    They're still making video capture cards and hardware video production accelerators aren't they? Haven't touched anything Matrox in eight to ten years.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited February 2010
    10.1 with the hotfix on my friend's computer (Sapphire 5850) :

Issue with the big cursor is back !
    GSOD seems less frequent, but still present.

ATI realy need to get better at doing their driver updates... that's ridiculous.