Icrontic picks: Five games that we loved in 2011

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    Skyrim, Portal 2, TF2... All top my list. :D I really wanted to put RAGE on the top of my list but other then it's great graphics, it didn't do much for me. Oh well, I hope some new great games make it into 2012!
  • Dark Souls
    Skyward Sword
    League of Legends
    Battlefield 3
    Skyrim
  • Man, this has been a fucking incredible year.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Amen.

Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revolution, ME2, Uncharted 3, and Dragon Age II (I liked it despite everything).

Glorious year.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Battlefield 3
    Skyrim
    Team Fortress 2
    Solar 2
    Johann Sebastian Joust (http://gutefabrik.com/joust.html) which is my pick for Party Game of the Year. Had an absolute blast playing it at IndieCade 2011
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Saints Row: The Third
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Darksiders
    Mass Effect 2
    Diablo III beta
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim, Dragon Age II, Dungeon Defenders and Bastion.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    League of Legends, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad.

As for next year the number one game of imo is going to be Thief 4
  • I can not say that I got to play most of the games that came out this year but I have the chance to play Dragon age 2 portal 2 and every ones favorite TF2
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Bah, I left out DX:HR. That's over DA:II.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Bastion
    Skyrim
    League of Legends
    Starcraft 2
    DX:HR

Honorable mention to Baldur's Gate because I finally played through it doing EVERY QUEST IN THE GAME and finished it.

Also no where near enough Starcraft 2 love in here.
    maybe because the entire game hasn't been released yet... I'm waiting for the SC2 Battlechest honestly
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    maybe because the entire game hasn't been released yet... I'm waiting for the SC2 Battlechest honestly
    I agree, I felt kind of ripped off having bought SC2, will not be buying the rest until a Battlechest is available.

• allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    where is postal 3? i stil very enjoy the trash humor...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    SC2
    DE:HR
    Skyrim
    Portal 2
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Yeah then you can play the 3 campaigns and call it good, eh? Despite the rest of the expansions not being released yet it's still the most competitive RTS game since Starcraft: Broodwar.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I really am remiss in not mentioning Borderlands. I know it's an old game, but man did I have a fantastic time with it. Such a great game, and the DLC is so worth it.
    Yeah then you can play the 3 campaigns and call it good, eh? Despite the rest of the expansions not being released yet it's still the most competitive RTS game since Starcraft: Broodwar.
    do not disagree with that. but I played starcraft and brood war for the single player :thumbsup:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    No Arkham city?!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    No Arkham city?!
    Holy crap I forgot that one...but now its too late to edit my old post.
    No Arkham city?!
    haven't played it yet (too busy with Skyrim, SWTOR and Saints Row. probably be on the 2012 list :)
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    Starcraft 2. Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Aniversary, World of Warcraft, MW3.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    DLC has really extended the life of some games this year; wouldn't have played nearly as much Fallout NV/Mass Effect 2 only for it.

I got Arkham City for birthmas but couldn't play it until I got back to Scotland today. Had a lot of fun with it already, this could be great.

Also, dat Catwoman/Harley/Ivy.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I really am remiss in not mentioning Borderlands. I know it's an old game, but man did I have a fantastic time with it. Such a great game, and the DLC is so worth it.
    This. Borderlands is so much fun, and has so much replayability. I just hope they don't mess up with Borderlands 2.

As for me. I fear I've only played 2 games released in 2011. Forza 4 and Dirt 3.

Sad year for gaming for me.

Here's hoping 2012 gets me a bit more play time.
  • DX:HR, Portal 2, DX:HR, Portal 2, DX:HR....

Did I mention DX:HR?

I never asked for any of this.
  • League of Legends
    Terraria
    Dungeon Defenders
    Guild Wars (with 2 on the way I burnt hours of days perfecting my Hall of Monuments)
    Team Fortress 2
  • KoreishBrad Meyer I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I don't know how anyone can list just 5.

There have been more games released this year that I've wanted than the last 15 years collectively.

Indie games made it huge this year too. With releases like Minecraft, Bastion, Limbo, Terria, etc. eating up gobs of everyone's time.
  • PunnyFuzzPunnyFuzz victoria, BC
    Disgaea 4

pokemon black

patapon 3

skyrim 2: revengence

sonic generations

man, I ("almost") feel alienated from everyone else.
  • Arkham City
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    MW3
    Another playthrough of ME2
    Team Fortress 2

Reading the article I was initially surprised by all the TF2 mention, but it got me thinking... every single year since 2008 TF2 has been by far my most played game, and I still get that feeling where you don't want a certain round to be over because the round is balanced and intense and FUN. Crazy to think for 4 years I still get that feeling, I don't think I can say that about any other game sans Counter-Stike 1.6 a long time ago. Crazy to think about, but I guess I kinda take TF2 for granted.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    -Skyrim
    -Dead Island
    -Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    -Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword
    -Saints Row: The Third

Those are the games I've played most in 2011.