E3 2012: PDP Afterglow headset

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• Aggressively priced, especially the wireless model. I'm not sure I'm ready to look like I fell out of the grid though.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I love PDP's stuff. They always manage to find something unique, and price it so that the people who want it can actually afford to get it.

I might now be in the market for a new headset.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I really like my gaming headset—a Plantronics Gamecom series—for its several-hour comfort and decently good audio quality. But while the cord is more then generous, it still manages to snag on parts of my desk when I move around.

I'd love to upgrade to a wireless headset. I'll keep this one in mind. Thanks for the preview, Binh!
  • ChoochChurch4252 K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I am thinking about getting one for my GF because she HATES her Razer headset.
  • I was able to listen to the samples at the E3 booth. They were funky as hell...so I will not wear them in public. The lights were not distracting.The 3 sound modes were okay. The surround sound is not true digital surround..meaning it is with the red and white audio plugs. Not the digital optical cable we so love. BUT!The simulated surround sound these headsets have makes it hard to believe they arent digital.
    The wireless sounded fantastic! No popping distortion. Even with all of the background noise from the E3 showroom hall, the game audio was clear and detailed. I will be getting a pair for sure!They're going to be like having a fat chick sitting on my face..fun to wear inside the bedroom. But I don't want my friends seeing me doing it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    They're going to be like having a fat chick sitting on my face..fun to wear inside the bedroom. But I don't want my friends seeing me doing it.
    I lol'ed
  • what is the wireless frequency anyone????
  • Do you know if these headphones will come in any other color aside from blue? and if they are where i can get them?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Are these things for sale yet? They meet the requirements for a new headset, and I have no shame so wearing them in public isn't a problem.
  • ChoochChurch4252 K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    When I saw them at E3 I believe they had Red, Green and Blue. Not sure if they will release all three at once and according to pdp.com they are on sale now.

Not sure if they are released yet but at pdp.com they said they are on sale now.