Post type - YOU decide

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Community
EDIT<<<

Poll closed. Instead, goto your userCP and you can have the choice. Default is the "top-over" new style. The "old school" left style is available via your style options :)
EDIT;

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Old school for me. Just wierd reading and it probably takes more time too.

[EDIT]Anyway for a person to choose the look?[/EDIT]
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I'm going to hold off on a decision for a few days. It's interesting at first tho...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Old school for me. Just wierd reading and it probably takes more time too.

[EDIT]Anyway for a person to choose the look?[/EDIT]
    I may hack it in. Will depend.. as I am led to believe that Jelsoft may well hack in it themselves on the next update ;)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited December 2003
    Take me down for a oldschool. I just like it aligned to the left.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2003
    The old style... the new style bugs me. There's no reason for the user name/info field to be 1600 pixels wide (1600x1200 resolution). I just find it to be more cluttered with the new format.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    Agreed for old school. The new way seems to break up the posts to much.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Old school.

This new style is pretty, but throwing me off.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I really cant stand this new style at all, infact the entire forum, it's driving me mad....
    edited December 2003
    EX... Well constructive reasons as to why would help there..
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited December 2003
    I would like the option of both to be honest, because I can see the new style growing on me, however at the moment my eyes are telling me old school. I'm happy either way though, I'm not that fussed.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    So far i'm with oldschool too but a way to switch between the the on a per user basis would be nice.
    edited December 2003
    The higher the Res you use, the easier it is to read, which is why it is a bit annoying.

I don't like the "on top" style because, coupled with a few peoples huge signatures, I end up having to scroll forever and ever just to get to the next post.

There are things which have changed with VB3 which are more like fixes that I like, such as when you click a thread, it goes to the last post in the thread rather than the first post.

Another thing is everything seems more spread out (which is a minus) as it just requires more scrolling and looking around to find features which were obvious and easier to access before.

Basically, all my arguments are costmetic, so if you could get or make a VB2 style theme, then it would be fine, but this style seems way too bloated (You dont seem to be able to get as much on at 1600x1200 with this style than you could with 1024x768 on the old theme.

I have no doubt the new features and fixes of VB3 will be a bonus, but I really don't like the general look of it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I'm torn... I like the look of the new style, but there is definitely the pain of all this added scrolling. It's just not an efficient use of space. There doesn't need to be 1000 pixels of blank space next to everyone's name and avatars.....

But I like it...

But I don't....

/me faints.
    edited December 2003
    The old style postbit is available now via your userCP :)

Just select "old school style" as your chosen "board style" :)
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited December 2003
    I like the left hand side view better too. Same reasons as many, makes the posts hard to scroll through when the user info is on top. When it side-by-side, it is easy to scroll the posts with just a glance to the left to see if it is someone who's opinion or advice you would rather just scroll past or not ;)

And in the vertical view, when users have large sig images (ie - Enverex...no offense mate) then it gets really cluttered between a sig image, then the next avatar, it makes the actual posts hard to find, IMO.

Loving some of the new tools!

Dexter...
    edited December 2003
    Well the option is now available for you :) Just click the style option in your userCP :)
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited December 2003
    Shorty you are just too damn accomodating. Go grab some pumpin' pie or sommit, you've done more than enough work for us all today.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    OK so the only problem I see now is that the nick text is too damn big. GJ short stature person :p
    edited December 2003
    It's hardcoded.. so it stays. It's fine as it is :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Shorty wrote:
    Well the option is now available for you :) Just click the style option in your userCP :)

Well, no problem finding User CP; but I did not find anything with "Style" in it. Clarification, please.
    edited December 2003
    Leonardo wrote:
    Well, no problem finding User CP; but I did not find anything with "Style" in it. Clarification, please.

User CP >> Edit Options >> Misc Options >> Old School
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I like both views. Either way, Shorty (and whoever helped) you've done a great job with the site and I appreciate the work. Thanks.