BSOD MomOfRose is sad

2»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    MomOfRose said:

shwaip said:
    Do you prefer this brand over others or was it just happenchance you linked to them?
    cheapest brand at newegg I recognized.
  • shwaip said:

MomOfRose said:

shwaip said:
    Do you prefer this brand over others or was it just happenchance you linked to them?
    Gotcha. Thank you for the recommendation. My local Fry's has them in stock, so I don't have to wait for shipping.
    MomOfRose said:

shwaip said:

MomOfRose said:

shwaip said:
    Gotcha. Thank you for the recommendation. My local Fry's has them in stock, so I don't have to wait for shipping.
    Yeah, theoretically any ddr3 1333 will work fine (and perform the same), but I usually try to pick one from a manufacturer I recognize. Hopefully it cuts down on the chance of getting something that is DOA, and if things die later, I can try to return them.
  • Fixed!! Thank you all sooooooooo much for your help! Ran to my local Fry's and picked up 2 8GB memory cards. WOOHOO!!
    mertesnJBoogalooUPSLynx
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Textbook.
    UPSLynx
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Elementary
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I expect us all to regret this day when momofrose crushes us in TF2 next time.
    JBoogaloo
    you should run memtest tonight while you're sleeping to make sure your new memory is good.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You quadrupled your memory in order to fix it? Sounds legit.
    UPSLynx
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Annes said:

You quadrupled your memory in order to fix it? Sounds legit.

This is a perfectly acceptable solution. Must replace bad memory, replace in large quantity :D
    JBoogaloo
    shwaip said:

you should run memtest tonight while you're sleeping to make sure your new memory is good.

Seconded. While it's pretty likely that the memory itself was the culprit, there's always a chance that it could have been something on the motherboard that was causing the problem.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    mertesn said:

shwaip said:

Seconded. While it's pretty likely that the memory itself was the culprit, there's always a chance that it could have been something on the motherboard that was causing the problem.
    And this is why I love this place...

On a side note, Mertesn's statement (while super helpful) is the B-movie horror forumla "he can't hurt you anymore...unless his angry brother now comes after you" (scene cuts to dude sharpening an axe and has your picture on his workshop bench). :D
    BlueTattooRahnalH102
    JBoogaloo said:

mertesn said:

shwaip said:

And this is why I love this place...

On a side note, Mertesn's statement (while super helpful) is the B-movie horror forumla "he can't hurt you anymore...unless his angry brother now comes after you" (scene cuts to dude sharpening an axe and has your picture on his workshop bench). :D
    I've had that happen before.

Edit: the motherboard issue, not the horror formula thing.
    JBoogaloo
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Momo

Frose
    colaCantiUPSLynxRahnalH102