Civ 5 - Dickbots III [complete]

BasilBasil NubcaekEngland Icrontian
edited February 2015 in Civilization

All this has happened before; and all this will happen again.
The dickbots rise once more with Immortal AI leaders and a new world to conquer.

Settings:

• One City Challenge
  • Modern Era Start
  • No Religion/Ruins
  • Couple of City States
  • Regular Barbarians
  • Domination or Science Victory

Changes:

• Larger Map ('tiny')
  • Small Continents Layout
  • Immortal AI

Players:
@GHoosdum
@Gargoyle
@NiGHTS‌
@CB‌
@PirateNinja‌

primesuspectGarg

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2014

@Basil‌ Need a DLC check, saying the required DLC isn't available - pretty sure I own all of it, too? Map issue?

• @NiGHTS‌ y u bad. Go to Civ5 on steam store, expand the list of dlc, click add all to cart, in your cart it will show what you own and what you do not.

mertesnBasilBobbyDigi
    edited June 2014

All maps, own all civs.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2014

For the record out of your screenshot the things that I own that you don't are all the Cradle expansions and the Explorer's map pack. I'm not sure what you need for this. But likely if you buy those it will work.

It's not your fault, civ5 dlc is a mess.

Edit: try harder to interpret mini sentence

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

I believe the Explorer's Map pack is the culprit, dropped nights a copy and we'll see how the game goes now.

Couldn't remember what DLC I had allowed in the last game so just left it at the default of everything.

Garg
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Subscribing for hot Icrontian on Robot action.

Basil
    edited June 2014

Appreciate the gifting @Basil‌ but that doesn't seem to be it. Since we just started the game, would it be easier to just destroy and begin again w/o map DLC added?

Well, lookie here - there's a DLC button that shows me what I need.

Purchased Wonders of the Ancient World, so now you, much like @GHoosdum‌, owe me a double-double from in-n-out.

@Basil and @PirateNinja‌ don't bother sending any truppe into that little lake that's between all three of us. I'll donate a unit to stand guard and make sure we're not surprised by any loch ness monsta

BasilPirateNinja
  • Here be Dicbutts3

• Gargoyle is defended by terrain, but we need to aid him when possible as he is alone in the world
    • Satsuma should be our first target in my opinion, especially if CB settles soon his units will get a little combat bonus
    • CB will also have access to coal, which he can share with us. I'd recommend CB go after that coal asap by settling/buying land tiles. Factories are cool.
    • I also feel like CB should not go nuts exploring as we will be at war soon and Kyoto will be all up in his business.

BasilGarg
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Yup. The coal there is the reason I moved my settler. Though, I was also thinking I might get that stone to my north, it seems it's done been bought-up.

Those city names...

Basil
  • Why did we peace with the bots? Is that allowed?

Hopefully not on my account - I've had vacation mode on while I've been in Mexico.

I think we've been at peace since the beginning. Can we declare war?

Actually, it looks like it's my turn now, so I'll try when I go home for lunch.

I know we were at war at some point because I lost a few exploring units without warning when war was declared.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I think we were at war, and peace was declared last turn.

• We were at war. I started it and acquired two settlers from them. I thought the premise of the dickbots games were constant war once started, no exception.

@PirateNinja said:
    We were at war. I started it and acquired two settlers from them. I thought the premise of the dickbots games were constant war once started, no exception.

That's what I thought, too. But every turn I've checked we've been at peace.

I just played my turn, and there was a "you have made peace with Nobunaga" notification waiting for me. It says it won't let me declare war until the treaty expires, but there is no record of a treaty in my deal history. I should have checked the notification log, but it probably didn't have any more info.

• I am nearly positive it was @NiGHTS‌ with the AI taking his turns and making peace. Nights, you may want to check your deal log next actual turn you take. It's of course no big deal.
    And @CB‌ I'm sorry you lost a couple units. I did look at your situation before starting the war, and the trade seemed well worth squashing two of their settlers. I hope that isn't terribly dickish.

It's an unfortunate consequence of "special rules" games like this that the AI just won't follow the rules.

No. No big deal. Taking a couple of their settlers is surely worth it.

edited July 2014

So it was me on an AI move. I came out way, way, way behind in the whole thing. I've gotta give Oda 1G for 25 turns. That's like...25G. WTF.

Deal started on turn 222, ends on turn 247. 10 turns each.

Sorry guys, should have asked before just setting on vacation. I didn't want it to sit on me for the long weekend, though, while you guys twiddled your thumbs.

Gives me some time to build Fortress 'Murica.

PirateNinjaBasil
  • I tried to start war again last turn, wouldn't let me. Ah well, I'm sending CB gold since he is unsafe. Nights you are well protected, so I think you can handle the ding for peace. I'm going to explore a tad more during the "off season" and see if we can find a city state to bribe in the future for glorious uranium assuming we will need to.

My spies are reporting that the Japanese are plotting against Basil and CB. Big surprise.

So, how is it that this game isn't borked but all the other GMR game discussions I see are borked?

• Likelihood is a bug in their system caused problems for a certain number of hours and only turns submitted during those "down hours" are muffed. But that's just a guess.

I think with our other screwed up games we should try to upload a previous save out of our local gmr archives and try to submit it. I wish I would have tried that with xeno, but I only now had the idea.

Garg
    edited July 2014

I just built Oxford in Nukes 'n Sticks and selected the most expensive tech as the free tech, so we've been granted Electronics (36 turns vs 24 for the other most expensive tech possibility).

Battleships, yum.

Garg
  • hnnng

I'll also get us oil in a few turns so we can start building zee planes boss.

GargGHoosdum

@GHoosdum said:
    I just built Oxford in Nukes 'n Sticks and selected the most expensive tech as the free tech, so we've been granted Electronics (36 turns vs 24 for the other most expensive tech possibility).

Battleships, yum.

I was wondering why my Frigate was suddenly so obsolete. Yussssss.

edited July 2014

We can declare war again! @Basil, can you do it on your turn? You're at the top of the player order, so all of us could make our moves before the dickbots.

@Basil, how about this time around?