EPIC 2015 Wine Tasting RSVP and Survey

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited June 2015 in Events

********* PLEASE give us a moment of your time to fill out this survey ONLY WITH THE INTENTION OF PARTICIPATING in the wine tasting event! *********

Hullo all~ As EPIC rolls around again this year, @Tushon and I are masterfully curating a new wine tasting experience so we can yet again drink a little too much, learn something and have a lot of fun.

So, the first start of this process, is a survey of your interests/likes. Survey will be available until Friday May 16th at Midnight Central Time

LOVE YOU ALL, can't wait to help you get hammered

Meg and Nick

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
1) @HumerusMeg: PayPal meghann.sikora@gmail.com (make sure to mark as friends and family)
2) @Tushon Square Cash - https://cash.me/$NickTravis Venmo - @natravis

SURVEY HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xmG7o2TReQd0aWajNVt3wb38fUCdePQ-uQgHP12Sp8k/viewform?usp=send_form

PARTICIPANTS: 25 guests
1) @Tushon
2) @HumerusMeg
3) @Thrax
4) @Kaintenance
5) @Linc
6) @aaron
7) @malia
8) @Ryder
9) @Annes
10) @mertesn
11) @AlexDeGruven
12) @GHoosdum
13) @DeathJester
14) @Sonorous
15) @Soda
16) @bells
17) @Strikes
18) @FettBacon
19) @TroubleBaker
20) @Sazbean
21) @evonnecameron
22) @Massalinie
23) @TiberiusLazarus
24) @MAGIC
25) @lershee

WAITING LIST:
1) @Bandrik
2) @ThatFicocelliGuy

WOO GUYS KEEP'EM COMING!

AlexDeGruvenmertesnGHoosdummaliaTushonRyderMassalinieKaintenanceThatFicocelliGuy

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Two thumbs up for the survey confirmation response, bitches.

HumerusMegTushon
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Just a suggestion from a retired wine professional. (I used to be a wine buyer for a chain of wine stores, attended enough wine festivals to make anyone comatose, former chapter Director of "Les Amis du Vin", Regional President of Bacchus Wine Club.) The best tastings have very little food involved. Food is used as more of a palate cleanser and tummy filler to keep from getting sick and/or too inebriated. Things like mild cheeses, crackers, breads, fruit and light appetizers are all I would recommend. Keep the selection to 10 or less and let the ones in charge do the selecting. Unless it is a "varietal" tasting (one where only one grape variety is tasted) I suggest that you taste a variety of wines both red and white. Then you should start with dry whites and move to reds with any sweet or desert wines last. Figure on pouring 6 to 8 glasses per bottle, that comes out to 3.25-4.3 fl oz per wine per person. that gives everyone enough to taste and enjoy if they like it but not a waste for those who don't. So if you have 10 wines @ 4.3 oz each and everyone potentially consuming all they are served totals 43 oz (that is just a little short of 2 bottles per person) @ an average of 12% alcohol by volume over the course of 3 hours figures to a drunk factor of about .12 blood alcohol!

Just food for thought, Larry

primesuspectRyderGnomeQueenGargGHoosdumHumerusMeg
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I'm not much of a wine drinker but I like new things

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2015

SO far, looks like most of you desire a mixed tasting with lots of tasty treats, and want to learn something new about wine.

FABULOUS, Love all of you! BUMP if you haven't yet responded mwah

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

taken ;)

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Closing the tasting poll tomorrow night approx 24 hours to have your voices heard! Mwah! <3

edited May 2015

All your votes have been tallied and wine tasting is as follows:

Saturday 6p-8p: a spectrum wine tasting with 5 red and 5 white wines paired with sweet treats and good eats. Cost will be $30.00, with 1.5-2 oz of each wine to taste (15-20 oz wine to consume) and sure to be a great time! (tasting size of 1.5-2oz depends on number of partisipants, 16 will be 1.5oz tasting, 24 will be 2oz tasting).

FIRST 24 individuals to send payment to @Tushon OR @ with $30.00 will be guaranteed a slot, will update post with participants. If greater than 24 individuals are interested a waiting list will be created.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
    1) @HumerusMeg Paypal meghann.sikora@gmail.com
    2) @Tushon Square Cash - https://cash.me/$NickTravis Venom - @natravis

Ready. Set. Go!

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@HumerusMeg said:
    Friday 11p-1a

:zombie:

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Aaron and I are in. I am that guy without PayPal or Debit Card but feel like maybe we can work this out. :D

@Annes said:

I know it is late... however, it is where we fit into the schedule this year.

@Linc said:
    Aaron and I are in. I am that guy without PayPal or Debit Card but feel like maybe we can work this out. :D

Cash on day one? I'll allow it :)

The schedule isn't set in stone. I may be shuffling a few things after I let the initial wave of feedback shake out. I can see 4 or 5 events shuffling which might leave wine tasting on Saturday night after dinner.

HumerusMeg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Partisipants? really?

@Linc said:
    The schedule isn't set in stone. I may be shuffling a few things after I let the initial wave of feedback shake out. I can see 4 or 5 events shuffling which might leave wine tasting on Saturday night after dinner.

Anything to make it easier for the parents who've frequented us in the past.

Monied

HumerusMeg

@Linc said:
    after I let the initial wave of feedback shake out.

...which I decided is what has actually already happened so it has been duly shuffled.

HumerusMeg

Weeeeeee

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

In. Will money after the first.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

In and paid.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

In and money'd.

AND WE ARE HALF FILLED! I am so ecstatic 12 more left guys! :)

• DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

In

malia
  • CelshCelsh Member

@Tushon Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. Let's see how I can help.

John's winery has 9 labels that they sell wine under. Their estate label (incase your area uses different terms, they own the grapes, they grow the grapes and they bottle at the same location) has the following wines; Riesling, Late Harvest Resling, Iced wine, Unoaked Chard, Barrel Fermented Chard, Sauv Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Cab-Merlot, Merlot, Cabernet, Syrah, and a port.

In addition the non-estate labels have a Petit Verdot a couple different red blends and white blends.

RyderChoochTushonHumerusMeg
  • CelshCelsh Member
    edited May 2015

I have been okay'ed to send 1 case of wine in my place to Epic. (I am looking into the cardboard cutout)

Sazbean
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Fantastic! I may have to steal some from @malia's tasting...

Edit: I will be quite happy to take pictures of the cardboard cutout. Doing all the things.

malia

That's awesome :) I'm going to PM you and Meghann

• bellsbells Gaming? I'm in! Ypsilanti, MI Member
    edited May 2015

I'm in & I paypalled money! :3 <3

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

Take mah monay and gimme dat grownup juice

bells

@Celsh said:
    I have been okay'ed to send 1 case of wine in my place to Epic. (I am looking into the cardboard cutout)

Hold on.. does this mean you are not coming to Epic?

@Ryder said:
    Hold on.. does this mean you are not coming to Epic?

Correct, she is not. Cardboard Celsh might be though.