'Murican Football 2015

14567810»

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

This whole situation feels like it would be a great mexican Tellanovella. All the ridiculous drama under handed dealings and over emphasized characters.

In the end Alex Spanos got himself fucked over. He tried to go head to head with Kroenke to try and secure the LA site for himself while blocking the Rams from going. But he had no real plan, no stadium, nothing. He reportedly had the votes necessary to block Kroenke and get his team to LA, all gotten through some secret meetings. Then jerry Jones and Kroenke come in and Dad Dick Spanos. They get all the people on his train to go against Spanos and vote for Kroenke through there own separate secret meetings. Kroenke actually had a land and stadium deal and an actual plan. As almost just a hey fuck you Spanos, Kroenke was like hey there Alex, "I'll let you use my Inglewood stadium if you pay me for it". So now Spanos who fucked over San Diego saying like hey yeah your proposals all suck Imma go to LA, is forced to stay in San Diego or pay some ridiculous amount Kroenke wants over the 550 million dollar relocation fee. Spanos doesn't have that much liquid capital. So if he wants to see any kind of return on his investment he's going to go tail between his legs to Kroenke ask for the cheapest possible deal get his team to LA and sell it off for some ridiculous price for a team with no real fanbase and no real stadium revenue because hey it's in LA.

BRING OUT THE POPCORN IT'S GOING TO BE FUN HEARING ALL THIS SHIT OVER THE NEXT YEAR AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH CHARGERS AND SAN DIEGO IN JUNE.

GHoosdumHero
    edited January 2016

The best godamn part of this situation. St. Louis still owes 100 MILLION DOLLARS on the Arena they built for the rams just 22 years ago. A stadium that was deemed no longer acceptable where St. Louis was going to offer another 500+ million of tax payer money to build a new one. God damnit do I hate the NFL.

AS of right now. The NFL is showing not even the slightest possibility of paying off that 100 million. They'll give two teams 100 million dollars to help secure stadiums paid for by the public but won't pay the 100 million to make a city "whole" again. At least some of that relocation fee should go to the city of St. Louis, its not like those city coffers are overflowing.

GHoosdum
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

It boggles me that the NFL gets host cities to pay for essentially everything.

Winfrey
  • @Snarkasm said:
    It boggles me that the NFL gets host cities to pay for essentially everything.

Just another reason I only care about college football. At least the Universities pay for their own stadiums.

Here's the thing. The NFL is almost entirely reliant on cities. What the fuck they going to do if LA is just like yeah no we are putting public money to you guys. It just takes cities saying no because there aren't that many places NFL teams can relocate to and what if those cities also say no. I don't understand the fear of losing a football team, AND I AM A GODDAMN BROWNS FAN.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

5th straight AFC Championship game :thumbsup:

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@fatcat said:
    5th straight AFC Championship game :thumbsup:

*4th cheating doesn't count. Go whoever ends up against the Pats.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I'mma take this dude to Vegas, imagine what he could do on a craps table!

-Digi

Creeperbane2RyderHero
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

What kind of coin flipping nonsense did this ref try. Who manages to not rotate a single time?

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

not a good day to be a seahawks and steelers fan :((

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Brady-Manningbowl again... for the last time... for real this time.

GHoosdum
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:

I literally could watch those two toss the pig skin for an eternity. There are a lot of great quarter backs in the league this year, but very few of them are as enjoyable to watch as Brady and Manning. They're like conductors of a violent and skilled orchestra. Eli, Rodgers and even Romo are all fantastic to watch, but there is something truly special about Brady and Manning.

@Sonorous said:

@Snarkasm said:

I literally could watch those two toss the pig skin for an eternity. There are a lot of great quarter backs in the league this year, but very few of them are as enjoyable to watch as Brady and Manning. They're like conductors of a violent and skilled orchestra. Eli, Rodgers and even Romo are all fantastic to watch, but there is something truly special about Brady and Manning.

The battle of Good VS Evil

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Denver is a perfectly fine city. Don't know why you would think they're evil.

ardichokeChoochBobbyDigi

Battle of Low and Cold vs High and Cold?

*realized the double word play after I typed that.

I'd really like top see Broncos Cardinals Super Bowl. Even with Palmer ditching the Bengals, he was a nice guy and the city gave him a ton of crap afterward. Be nice to see him make it, then lose.

Creeperbane2Hero
    edited January 2016

I for one welcome our new panther overlords.

Go Panthers!

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Church4252 said:
    Go Panthers!

We cannot be friends anymore.

Chooch

Von Miller winning the Super Bowl MVP was the best. He was a wrecking ball. Loved it.

Cue animated gif of Miller photoshopped onto Miley and the ball ramming into Newton