ICNY 2018 - New Yearsss Travel & Sleeping Plans (RSVP)

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited November 2018 in Events

Arrival and ride coordinations here. Yes, I know its early, I'm a real go getter this year :)

Kaintenance

Comments

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Thrax and @HumerusMeg

Arrival DL 5045: Friday December 28th 11:06am, no transportation needed, renting a car
    Staying at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield

Departure DL 5237 January 2nd 3:40pm

LincprimesuspectTushonThrax
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Let's also call this the "In" thread so we know who's coming.

Aaron and I will arrive home Fri Dec 28 in the evening.

• Ok. Bear and I would like to join.

ThraxLincprimesuspectcolaPinkInDetroit
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

We are also in, plus the usual pup situation please. Dates still TBD till we figure out family stuff.

primesuspectLincThraxPinkInDetroit
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2018

Coming in with a solid "maybe?"

It's possible I'll be in Chicago for the entirety of New Years playing with my new niece (September) and nephew (March).

Edit: More in than out (unf). Probably not Chicago-ing.

primesuspect
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

in -- myself and @sazboom and possibly daughter

Linc
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

I volunteer as tribute to make dinner for NY if people are interested? @Linc @Tushon @GnomeQueen @TiberiusLazarus @Sazbean @sazboom @AlexDeGruven

Linc
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm happy to help plan/execute meals as well.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

In. @LeahVoice as well, natch.

Interest in a beer tasting?

Linc
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

That would be wonderful, but I still won't be there for NYE proper. I still have standing plans for that night.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I can also do a cooking. Or a baking. Whatever.

Ditto on yes to beer tasting that isn’t New Years Eve. My preferred style is “whatever smattering of weird shit you wanna show us”. ?

RyanMM
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Maybe pending working and wifey schedule

primesuspect
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

@HumerusMeg Yup -- I'd be interested in helping with dinner -- specifically NYE probably -- I have to work on the 1/2 and 1/1 dinner is probably going to be family-ish :)

Alright. We'll be getting in some time on the 30th, and leaving at 6pm on the 2nd. We'd appreciate a pickup/ride from/to the airport. We will most likely not be bringing Bug :(

Have y'all ever had a baked potato with baked beans & cheese on top for breakfast? I had it in England during college and it rocked my world. It feels like a helluva New Years Day wake up.

GnomeQueen
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Have y'all ever had a baked potato with baked beans & cheese on top for breakfast? I had it in England during college and it rocked my world. It feels like a helluva New Years Day wake up.

Uni students there live on that shit hungover, that and a full English.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter about English college breakfasts

GnomeQueen
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Yo dawg, I herd you like potatos, but waffles covered in maple syrup and ice cream are the best way to start the new year

@RyanMM said:
    Yo dawg, I herd you like potatos, but waffles covered in maple syrup and ice cream are the best way to start the new year

That is way too much sugar for a hangover

ThraxHumerusMeg

I mean we can def do a brunch thing and a dinner thing?! I can instrument a vote

Okay. New years day eatings survey: https://goo.gl/forms/a92x8s5sSqXrr7uz1

I would be happy to make last year's soup or the previous year's spaghetti.

edited December 2018

I am sorry for those whom have already completed poll. Jackie has offered to make yummy eats so I added them to the poll :) please redo it you have already completed

@HumerusMeg said:
    I am sorry for those whom have already completed poll. Jackie has offered to make yummy eats so I added them to the poll :) please redo it you have already completed

Lol sorry, should have clicked your poll before messaging.

edited December 2018

BUMPPPPP Currently have 10 polls for eats. If you would like to vote please do. Also, Merry Fucking Christmas all :)

Some card games newly available at ICHQ:

• MTG Game Night: 5 balanced mono-color decks. Pick your favorite color and just play.
    • Transformers: I bought the starter kit for this which is for 2 players if anyone wants to test drive it with me.
    • KeyForge: I bought a pair of decks to give this a try too.

I also have some very compelling draft options for Magic if anyone wants to give that a go (4-8 people).

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

We'll be getting there Friday afternoon! I like games...

RyanMM