Oktoberfest 2021

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian

Friends, let's be optimistic. Is it possible we have to cancel again? Sure. But let's take the days off work and pencil it in our calendars and just feel good about it for a few months regardless.

Icrontic's annual Oktoberfest (and now adding Day Of The Dead) celebration will be Oct 28-31.

• Offrenda lighting on Friday night? Check.
  • Costume party Saturday night? Check.
  • Lincoln has to run out the door for a company trip starting Tuesday? Check.

It hardly seems fair that ICOK, the event with the most annual occurrences, was the only one of the big three to evade a second year of cancellation, but here we are.

Do we even remember how to do this? Like, remember there are rules? And I guess I'll need to know who's staying overnight? Ah jeez, how does any of this work?? Don't forget a costume, and a photo for the offrenda if you want. And Coke Zero? I think? ...guys?

WinfreymertesnHumerusMegChoochRyanMMBobbyDigiGargWagsFTWBandrik

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2021

In, will be staying overnight (could get offsite if it gets busy). Alisha is coming also

Linc
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

We have NEW AND IMPROVED accommodations planned! It's very exciting!

MAGIC
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2021

Friends, let's be optimistic.

The strangest feeling of all.
    In!
    Likely staying in the house.

Linc
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited August 2021

Staying overnight!

Arrive Oct. 28th @ 1:07pm
    Depart Oct. 31st @ 8:31am

Linc
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

In! Can stay at ICHQ or offsite.

Linc
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Is proof of vaccination (CDC card) required for attendance?

RyanMM

@Thrax said:

Vaccines are required to be in the house. I’m not collecting proof, no.

RyanMM
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@Linc said:

@Thrax said:

Vaccines are required to be in the house. I’m not collecting proof, no.

Okay, thanks. :)

@HumerusMeg said:
    Guess I better plan that port tasting.

What port? 🤔

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Any, in a storm

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Tentative in. I miss you fuckers. Will be staying in the new and improved accommodations.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'll be there.

LincWinfrey
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I would totes fly in just to see you folks for a weekend, but the German Govt. is estimating that I will get the vaccine in Feb 2022. Thanks, Boris.

MassalinieGarg
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I WILL BE THERE SLINGING BEERS THAT I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SHARE FOR 18 MONTHS

LincGargWagsFTWLeahVoice
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2021

Inx2
    Arrive Oct 28 7:19pm
    Depart Nov 1 7:05am
    Requesting two sleepy spots at ICHQ.
    -Digi

RyanMMLinc
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Why not? Probably come in the 28th, leave the 31st, will need sleepy spots.

RyanMMLincWagsFTW
  • GylvanasGylvanas Henderson, Nevada Member

This is Gylvanas(WoW). I tried to change my username but I was unable. I would like to cast my lot for a sleeping spot. I can bring my own blankets, sheets, pillow(s) and anything else you require so I don't slobber over anything. If I have to find lodging, a heads up would be great.

I'll make sure to bring plenty supplies so don't worry about any of that on my end and I do plan on sharing.

I'll be driving out and I can park along the street? I'll probably shoot to show up around noonish for the 28th and leave around noon on the 1st.

Any other information needed, I'll check back on this thread and update accordingly. Thank you!

@Chakori Want me to swap your name to "Gylvanas" here? You don't need to bring linens or a pillow unless you're particularly attached to yours. We're stocked to accommodate a small army here. They just go down the laundry chute when you leave.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I'm out of vacation days sadly, but I'll be there.... In spirit.

• GylvanasGylvanas Henderson, Nevada Member

@Linc Yes, please change the name to Gylvanas. I just like to pack my own things that way I'm solely responsible for those things. I'll try to compile a list of things to bring based on the rules page. Also, should I start looking for lodging somewhere?

@Gylvanas said:
    @Linc Yes, please change the name to Gylvanas.

Done.

@Gylvanas said:
    Also, should I start looking for lodging somewhere?

No, we'll save you a bed / cot. And street parking is all around us, yes.

GylvanasMiracleManS
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I can sleep in the street if need be, Im flexible.

Linc
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

IN... I'll drive over on Thursday. Not sure when but probably early to late afternoon. I'll leave Sunday.

WinfreyMAGICThraxLinc
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

As much as I'd love to come see y'all, Florida is an absolute shit show right now and I don't imagine that's going to change much in the next two months, so I'm not going to make it this year. I am extremely sad about it. :-(

LincMAGICGnomeQueenWinfreyBobbyDigi
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

We got some port that needs drinking, its been aging in Linc's basement for almost 2 years.... Thanks COVID
    https://icrontic.com/discussion/101430/icok-wine-tasting-who-wants-to-drink-some-port/p1?new=1

edited September 2021

There is an inflatable hot tub this year. Very fancy, I know. Notes / new rules on that:

1. It has a max capacity of FIVE, for real. (It's a 4-person, so that's already super cozy.)
    2. You can sit on the sides of it, but please no more than TWO people do this at once.
    3. Check your feet / rinse or wipe them off before getting in.
    4. Last one out puts the cover back on, ALWAYS. I don't care if you're coming right back.
    5. Get a friend to remove / replace the cover. Don't dip the dirty top of it in the tub because you flopped it.
    6. Do not freelance chemical additions; talk to me first ALWAYS.
    7. TURN OFF THE PUMP IMMEDIATELY if the water becomes fouled. I don't wanna articulate all the wondrous ways that could happen, just kill power and we can drain/refill it easily — if you don't murder the pump.

Note there is a LOCK button you need to hold before adjusting other settings.

GargMAGICMassalinie
    edited September 2021

If you would like to add a photo of a loved one who has passed on to the offrenda, please bring a 4x6 photo (orientation doesn't matter). I've got plenty of frames. If you need to print one, we can probably do that too.

If you provided a photo for the remote 2020 offrenda, those are still here; you don't need a new one. If you'd like to remotely contribute a photo again this year, please DM me by Monday that week so I'm not trying to print stuff at the last minute. I will not automatically put out the same photos without a new request.

HumerusMegGargMAGICGnomeQueenRjboccoMassalinie
  • sneakypurplessneakypurples Detroit Icrontian

If there’s room, I want a space in the attic!

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

In for Friday and Saturday nights. Would also appreciate an attic spot!