Attention all World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo players: Blizzcon is back and they have set dates for the upcoming event. It will take place at the Anaheim Convention center on November 8 and 9. As in years’ past, tickets are expected to sell out in seconds, so if you’re interested in attending, you’d best stand ready to purchase the moment the ticket sale launches.
In 2012 Blizzard canceled Blizzcon to “give the team more time work work on the release titles.” In 2011, the major highlight of the show was the unveiling of the forth World of Warcraft expansion: Mists of Pandaria, as well as a closing concert featuring the Foo Fighters.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment says,
“BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way. Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November.”
Are you excited? Are you pumped? Are you… meh? Personally I am somewhat excited mainly because I want to learn more about Project Titan that they have been talking about for the last two years.
At BlizzCon convention-goers will get a chance to enjoy the following:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual touraments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universe
- More activities and attractions to be announced
You can learn more about BlizzCon including ticket availability and pricing when the event draws closer at the official BlizzCon site.