1. The cost price of the Tegra 3 chip set is $25 if they got it at cost and the rest of the mats and manufacturing for free= 160K units
2. Lack of developer buy in: there are no developers that JUST focus on Android because it does not monetize well.
3. Open: they make rooting super easy which means piracy will be super easy.
4. Lack of experience in the VG space
5. Content drives device sales. Today they have zero content, costs to port an existing title? 100k+
6. Who wants to buy a device with 8GB of space, 1GB of ram and a low end chipset?
7. I literally don’t know a single person that wants to play a mobile game on a 60″ screen
8. Also capital related: as soon as they get the kickstarter money they have to pay the IRS as kickstarter money is booked as income
9. They have zero distribution into retail, do you think Amazon will be promoting this?
Now obviously there’s some snark and lots of opinion in there, but he does bring up some valid talking points. Ouya was recently overfunded to the tune of $3 million on Kickstarter (it’s currently at $4.16m at the time of writing)… and one has to ask: what the heck is going on? Is this is Kickstarter bubble we’re in? Are people nuts? Giving $4 million to a product concept that doesn’t actually exist? An Android console?