Today Mushkin announced a 480gb version of their Atlas mSATA SSD. This makes the tiny mSATA the first in the world to break the 256gb barrier in this form factor.
Specifications provided by Mushkin:
- SandForce SF-2281 SSD processor with unthrottled IOPS
- SATA III (6Gb/s) interface
- Supports ATA APM, Security Set, NCQ
- TRIM support (OS/driver support required)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Built-in BCH ECC (Up to 55 bits correctable per 512 byte sector)
- High speed MLC NAND
- MO-300 (mSATA) form factor (50.80 x 29.85 x 4.85mm)
- Mini PCIe Interface
- User-upgradeable firmware
- RoHS, FCC, CE
- 3-year limited warranty
Mushkin Product Director Brian Flood says, “Keeping z-height as low as possible and managing to fit eight NAND flash chips and a controller on a mSATA PCB was no easy feat.”
The MSRP is $499, but if you have an Ultrabook, laptop or small form-factor PC with a slot for mSATA, this is an extremely space-efficient way to get a high-capacity SSD into your system.
Release date is January 2013, with no specific date provided yet.