Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    I put together a rather basic redstone repeater loop with music blocks attached in an (unclaimed!) plot in town, sorta modeled it after the door garden in town, which speaking of the door garden, seems to have stopped working, I have no clue what caused it, or how to fix it...!
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    Malpercio wrote:
    I put together a rather basic redstone repeater loop with music blocks attached in an (unclaimed!) plot in town, sorta modeled it after the door garden in town, which speaking of the door garden, seems to have stopped working, I have no clue what caused it, or how to fix it...!

some redstone may have burned out. it can happen with complicated circuits.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Ah yes, I forgot about that. I still have it in my downloads.
    But yes, I am still home, so if you need something hit me up.

I don't leave town until Monday morning.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    But yes, I am still home, so if you need something hit me up.

I don't leave town until Monday morning.

Alright, sounds good. I probably won't need anything. As it is, bukkit doesn't even have a whitelist at this point. Looks like they don't plan on implementing one either, they're going to leave it to someone to make a plugin.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Where can I go outside of town to harvest materials that isn't claimed land?

Check the map with signs - best way to find likely places to settle/mine.
    edited January 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Where can I go outside of town to harvest materials that isn't claimed land?

Also, this:

<object width="480" height="362"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MqkEZn8pN4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MqkEZn8pN4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="362"></embed></object>
    edited January 2011
    The server, she is not available
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Working for me. You are on the new addy right?
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    it wasn't working for me this morning either
    edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Working for me. You are on the new addy right?

nope! lol. OK now.

But I did try it earlier and it wouldn't connect
    edited January 2011
    what is this new addy you speak of?
    edited January 2011
    nevermind I found it.
    edited January 2011
    minecraft.ardichoke.info
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Can we get a sticky in which to post the maps, so that we can find the most recent map more easily? :)
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    Can we get a sticky in which to post the maps, so that we can find the most recent map more easily? :)

I haven't run the newest map yet. I'm going to do that later today. I need to reinstall some stuff first though. Formatted my C: drive the other night, and I'm still getting everything I need back in place.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    There is a section of cobblestone and sand hillside outside of the far corner of town. This hillside gets pretty close to the border fence next to where I built my house. I logged in to check on my tree, and apparently a creeper had spawned right outside the fence. It blew up on me and took out part of the fence and sidewalk, which I've repaired. I also cut away the hillside to hopefully prevent mobs from spawning up the hill and getting over the fence that way. Hopefully I didn't screw up land anyone had claimed, it's kind of close to that ginormous castle that's right outside town.

If nobody has an objection, I might make a bit of a project of flattening away a bit more of that hillside to keep mobs from getting the elevation advantage over us in that area.
    edited January 2011
    I'm making the daily backups available for download. They can be found here.

http://dump.ardichoke.info/minecraft/

Please try and keep your downloads to a minimum... I don't need to be eating up massive amounts of bandwidth. Also, Thrax and Snark, if you could PM me some form of contact info, I'll get you guys set up with accounts on the server.
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I'm making the daily backups available for download. They can be found here.

http://dump.ardichoke.info/minecraft/

Please try and keep your downloads to a minimum... I don't need to be eating up massive amounts of bandwidth. Also, Thrax and Snark, if you could PM me some form of contact info, I'll get you guys set up with accounts on the server.

That's awesome. I probably will run a new map once a week.
    edited January 2011
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I posted it in the lulz thread! :P
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    fine, upgoats for all.
    edited January 2011

How does someone do this??? I want to know!!! HAHAHA
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I woke up early today to play, and Minecraft.net's down. D:
    edited January 2011
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    How does someone do this??? I want to know!!! HAHAHA

make a clock according to the circuit diagram in the minecraft wiki, make a switch according to the minecraft wiki, attach dispenser to clock, attach pressure plate to switch.

Step on pressure plate to activate clock signal to dispenser, wait to die.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Haha, all those arrows. Makes me think of 300.

"Our bees... will blot out the sun."
    "Then we will hug in the shade."

The only thing that would have made that video better to me, is if the "FREE CAKE!" dispenser gave you nothing, or perhaps just some bacon. Then, once again, the cake would have been a lie.

Final thoughts: if the player had been at full health and nibbled on the cake during the barrage, he would have survived, and have a belly full of cake. Hah!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Can not log into the server, it always times out or java exception takes to long to connect.

I have been having issues for a while logging in as well. However, up until now if I canceled the connect and retried several times I could get it to work.
    edited January 2011
    _k_ wrote:
    Can not log into the server, it always times out or java exception takes to long to connect.

I have been having issues for a while logging in as well. However, up until now if I canceled the connect and retried several times I could get it to work.

I usually have to retry once...but yeah. Issues.
    edited January 2011
    I believe that the problems stem from the fact that minecraft.net is having connection issues. Probably getting DDoSed again. Nothing on my server has changed.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    _k_ wrote:

Same here. I keep forgetting to post about it.
    edited January 2011
    I was just able to connect, it took quite a few tries though. Also, minecraft.net finally loaded at roughly the same time I got my client to connect.
This discussion has been closed.