Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    IC town is fubar on my server as well. The errors caused some kind of problem.

Good thing I did a backup at 6am this morning.

I will upload that now, sorry for anyone that built anything today before the update dropped.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    It's cool, we got to burn shit down...
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    IC town is fubar on my server as well. The errors caused some kind of problem.

Good thing I did a backup at 6am this morning.

I will upload that now, sorry for anyone that built anything today before the update dropped.

No worries. :) Shat myself when I saw ICtown first-hand, though. Hah!
    edited January 2011
    Ardi, file size (or I assume number of files) is too great for zip with Winrar, says to use rar type.

Maybe it was just because of the error?
    edited January 2011
    My favorite was the house of wood and sand, all the sand fell when I burnt out the wood...
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    It's possible I suppose. If nothing else, I can always extract it on my windows box again and upload it since we have ruled out extraction as the point of corruption.

Also, use 7zip... winrar sucks ;)
    edited January 2011
    I downloaded 7zip. Uploading in tar format.

This is only the World files though. You will still need the base minecraft server files. Which you could get straight from minecraft, start it running, then replace our world with the World files.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    MAH TREE AGAIN!!!

lol
    edited January 2011
    Yep, that's all I was doing before as well. I pretty much have importing the world down to a science at this point.
    edited January 2011
    i'll be offline for the rest of the night. need to wipe my hard drive and reinstall. ye olde springe cleaninge!

see you all tomorrow or saturday. :)
    edited January 2011
    The waterfall trees outside turnip castle were a close second, the water went everywhere when the tree burned away...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I picked a strange day to start playing this game...
    edited January 2011
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I love bone meal, just saying
    edited January 2011
    The (should be) good backup has been restored. Server is up and running. Backups will still occur at noon EST every day at least until there is an updated hey0 or bukkit so we can restore the whitelist.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm REALLY intrigued by these new updates. This is the sort of thing that will get me back into playing Minecraft (though I haven't been on for 3+ weeks now because I've been away from home visiting family for the holidays)

Dyes, new mobs, new trees, new blocks, new gem... this kicks all sorts of ass! And now, I can shout in the game... "BUILDIN' A DISPENSER!!" So much awesome. :D
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    I still want to figure out how to do more than just make chords with music blocks. I'm not good with redstone, but could someone who is tell me if it is possible to hit a switch or whatever to start a redstone reaction, but have parts of it delayed? For example, say I hit one switch to start a song from music blocks, but I don't want all the blocks playing all at once.
    edited January 2011
    Malpercio wrote:
    I still want to figure out how to do more than just make chords with music blocks. I'm not good with redstone, but could someone who is tell me if it is possible to hit a switch or whatever to start a redstone reaction, but have parts of it delayed? For example, say I hit one switch to start a song from music blocks, but I don't want all the blocks playing all at once.

Flip-flop gates, counters, and clocks. Going to take a lot of redstone, redstone torches, and time. hah!
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I have been posting both versions, dude!

*hasn't been paying attention* D:
    edited January 2011
    Flip-flop gates, counters, and clocks. Going to take a lot of redstone, redstone torches, and time. hah!

Well, I have plenty of time, haha. I'm guessing this sort of stuff is documented either on the Minecraft wiki, forums, or both?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011

A pair of inverters are easiest for redstone newbs to use, and have a delay. Downside is that they take up a lot of space.

See the noisemaker in IC town for an example of delay.

There's a way to use waterfalls and minecarts to do an extremely accurate 15-second delay as well. Longer delays than that could probably be done with a mountaintop 15-second delay and a known length of track run-out. Gravity is more reliable than having boosters that vary in momentum.
    edited January 2011
    A pair of inverters are easiest for redstone newbs to use, and have a delay. Downside is that they take up a lot of space.

See the noisemaker in IC town for an example of delay.

There's a way to use waterfalls and minecarts to do an extremely accurate 15-second delay as well. Longer delays than that could probably be done with a mountaintop 15-second delay and a known length of track run-out. Gravity is more reliable than having boosters that vary in momentum.

Absolutely. I rarely use complicated stuff. KISS principle and all. Heh.

But, here's the wiki for redstone circuits:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

and here's a tool that let's you simulate and test redstone circuits:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17924
    edited January 2011
    Absolutely. I rarely use complicated stuff. KISS principle and all. Heh.

But, here's the wiki for redstone circuits:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

and here's a tool that let's you simulate and test redstone circuits:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17924

Thank you very much!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Where can I go outside of town to harvest materials that isn't claimed land?
    edited January 2011
    Server has been updated with the bugfix release that happened this morning. bukkit has also been updated so I will likely be testing that over the weekend, possibly deploying it as well.

Ryder, if you're still around could you PM me the latest whitelist? That should be the only other thing I need from you.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Just poke around. There's my stone keep west of town, and the western outpost rail station. I don't think there's much else west of those.
    edited January 2011
    As ADG hinted at, just sort of wander around until you find someplace that looks unused which you like. Then start digging. I would suggest punching a few trees first to get some wood. Make a crafting table, wooden shovel and pick. Hollow out a hillside for protection at night. Build from there.
    edited January 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Where can I go outside of town to harvest materials that isn't claimed land?

To go along with what the other folks said. Just strike out in a direct the looks good. If you end up digging into something that is clearly created or dug by another player(torches are a good indicator), then try to patch up what you busted, leave a sign that it was an accident, and try elsewhere.
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Server has been updated with the bugfix release that happened this morning. bukkit has also been updated so I will likely be testing that over the weekend, possibly deploying it as well.

Ryder, if you're still around could you PM me the latest whitelist? That should be the only other thing I need from you.
    Did you delete that "bad" zip you unzipped on your Windows machine? That had the latest whitelist in the root.

whitelist.txt
    edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Did you delete that "bad" zip you unzipped on your Windows machine? That had the latest whitelist in the root.

whitelist.txt

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I still have it in my downloads.
This discussion has been closed.