Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    confirmed
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I'm also getting a "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" error.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    After checking the logs, I found that the crash was due to the server going OOM. Apparently allocating 1.5GB of memory to the server isn't enough. This is getting kind of ridiculous... bukkit needs to tighten up their code.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited April 2011
    not trying to act like I know what the server side minecraft is like, but my minecraft java environment regularly hits 1gb, so if anything is a problem with leaks I would first look at minecraft, not the good people at bukkit.
    edited April 2011
    That's because the client side handles all the graphics. Graphics are memory and computationally intensive (thus the need for dedicated GPUs and whatnot). The server shouldn't be as bad. The fact that it's built in java doesn't help anything of course. Also, since the server is running bukkit, which is a complete rewrite of the minecraft code (afaik), it wouldn't be Mojang's fault anyway as it's the bukkit developers code.
    edited April 2011
    Ardi, are you aware the server's down right now? Just checking, as I haven't seen mention of it today.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I am.

I did some digging around and it seems the original developer of BigBrother abandoned it. Someone else took the project over but there are massive reports of their latest code being bad bad bad. Also possibly the cause of the server constantly going OOM. I took the server down, converted the BigBrother data to LogBlocks format and installed LogBlocks as it appears to be the better choice going forward. Things should be back up now.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Off topic, but Kingpin, just saw your new KP logo. I love it. Pretty sweet, man.
    edited April 2011
    Thanks man. Lynx found that a few years back and surprised me with it in an email, I love it.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Server just slowed to a crawl, then threw a timeout and continues to time out on trying to connect.

-Digi
  • edited April 2011
    Same here, lots o' lag last night and now a no go on the connection.
    edited April 2011
    Once again, bukkit managed to exhaust it's memory limit. I realized that I was not running the most recent recommended build of bukkit and updated it. Maybe that will help with the memory usage. If not, I'm going to have to look into getting more RAM for the server which is not necessarily something that I can afford right at the moment.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    It's lagging out again already. Was able to 'build' one tree and cut it down, but within 30 seconds of that, I was unable to influence the environment at all again.
    edited April 2011
    Can you log back in and give it another go?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Seems to be working better now.
    edited April 2011
    I don't know how or why... but it seems the vPlayersOnline plugin (the one that gives us /list functionality) caused your earlier problem. That plugin was abandoned a while ago so I removed it. Going to have to find a new plugin to replace it =/
    edited April 2011
    I thought /who was built into bukkit? I haven't used /list or /playerlist in a long time

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke
    shrugs

I know when I first set up the server, it wasn't built in which is why I added the plugin. I'm pretty sure the plugin ran /who as an alias for /list, but I could be wrong.
    Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    shrugs

I know when I first set up the server, it wasn't built in which is why I added the plugin. I'm pretty sure the plugin ran /who as an alias for /list, but I could be wrong.
    edited April 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    .. but I could be wrong.

Though it is more likely that it is I who is wrong

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, I can't log on due to two errors, a java socket error and an end of stream error.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I imagine the update killed it.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited April 2011
    actually its still running 1.04...and is up.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited April 2011
    why can't I connect? Is the server down?
    edited April 2011
    everything is up and running. If you updated your client to 1.5, you won't be able to connect. Server is still running 1.4
  • Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited April 2011
    Any idea when you'll be updating to 1.5? or where I can download minecraft 1.4?
    edited April 2011
    For anyone that needs 1.4:

http://bit.ly/f4xk52

Pop it in your bin folder and you can still play on the server.
    edited April 2011
    Any idea when you'll be updating to 1.5?

As soon as the bukkit team promotes a 1.5 build. See their website for updates. http://bukkit.org
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, I don't sleep much :| So I find these things

What of it?

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/733/
    edited April 2011
    Bukkit 1.5_02 is out!
    edited April 2011
    I'm aware and will be updating it later today... but not before I've had my morning coffee and dealt with other things that I need to take care of.
This discussion has been closed.