A message from your friendly neighbourhood Tribes: Ascend game manager

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Gaming
So here's the short of it, I was playing Tribes: Ascend tonight when I remembered that I am supposed to be Icrontic's Tribes game manager. This is, after all, my entire reason for being an admin on the Steam group in the first place. It also hit me that since week 2 of being said manager I haven't been doing my job, at all, since our third arranged game there haven't been any scheduled, or even server filling Tribes games (Game 2 I'd like to remind everyone we filled a team and a half) that I'm aware of.

I personally really enjoyed these games and remembering how much fun I had playing with all of you I'd like to make more of them, so I'll try to find time at least once every other week to schedule a game where more than just a few people can take part. I'd really like to see Tribes become a regular Icrontic gaming outlet again even despite Mann vs Machine and Guild Wars 2.

-Ilriyas
BobbyDigiMiracleManSBandrikmidgaTheironhand

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    One of the big things keeping me from playing is not having people to play with. Given that most of the time I play is early in the evening EST I'm not sure how much I'd be able to get in, but pick a time and I'll try and make it.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I'm always down for fun, just let me know in advance so I can be sure to make it if I can.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    Will be watching for a match.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'm interested in playing more Tribes.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I got this thing when it came to steam so that I could play if/when some time lined up. I can't often play late in the evenings, but I'll join in sometime if I can. :)
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I would love to play this more
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I've been dying for more Tribes with y'all. I even joined the official Tribes reddit group and got on their mumble server (it's like vent), just so I can play with people and talk over the mic.

tl;dr: I miss you guys. We gotta go fast.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    So, I've been out all day today having a blast but is everyone up for some Tribes tomorrow? I'm good for it basically anytime after 3:00pm so just post availability (Or message me) and I'll set something up.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Oh yeah, this is one of those games that I started playing cause IC then everyone disappeared. I didn't know we had a community manager or organized games for it... XD

I'm basically always down for multiplayer anything if I'm not working or traveling. So yes, that would include Tribes.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I am also interested in semi-planned tribes
    Tomorrow is a Double XP event for Tribes: Ascend, that said how many people would be able/willing to set up a few games. Even if everyone can't get in at once I'd be willing to set up different sessions throughout the day just to take advantage of it.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'll be on a plane
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    Just realized I don't have vent!
    @Pacifisto, that's alright we rocked it out for a bit anyways.

Also nice cap on the last map rotation, landed it just as I was about to hit your flag stand xD wish I had grabbed a screenie of that actually.
    edited August 2012
    I know, I was so proud of myself! You rocked me pretty hard though - there were a lot of Ilriyas...es on my killcam.
    ININININININININIINININNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    edited August 2012
    Literally just had my most embarrassing moment in this game ever, 30hp literally a hop away from the flagstand for the winning cap I went to try for VGTG, I missed the V hitting B instead and carrying through and hitting T I opened all chat...and lost all my momentum.

I lost the final cap and the game stretched on for 10 minutes till we won 5-1...my team never let me live it down and those who wouldn't have noticed at first certainly did after I slung out a straight line of curse words.

midgaBandrik
    Hahahahahaha, keyboard fail! That wouldn't happen if you'd quit using the Canadian layout. ;P

I'll probably jump in a bit tonight. Gonna be spending most of the night engaged in a thing I can't talk about, though. Ily, you should totally join me ;)
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    We should have an Icrontic Tribes ascend day, I've been trying to get people to start another Icrontic game night. How about Saturday?
    My vote is Thursdays, since we have TF2 Tuesdays and some people play some other game on Wednesdays apparently. Or Wednesday, we could do Wednesdays. :P
    Weekends are typically kinda bad for this sort of thing since people tend to use them for travel and such. During the week people are home and looking for something to do for a bit at night before crashing out to start the drudgery over again.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Also remember to try and accommodate West Coasters if possible. I know it precludes me from playing (I get up at 4:30am weekdays to workout) but you'd probably gain quite a few more by doing so.
    edited August 2012
    Well 10pm EST 7 PST seems to work for just about everyone on TF2uesdays and I don't believe the remaining BF3 players take part in Tribes so we could do either Wednesdays or Thursdays on a weekly basis with arrangements made for other Icrontic events (ICPS mainly).

So that said what works better for all interested parties.

Wednesday or Thursday at 10pm EST 7pm PST, if the time is unfavourable I personally can go earlier or later.

Also tonight, Double XP event GOTTA GO AT A REASONABLE PACE!
    Either's good for me. Definitely interested in using all that crap I paid for finally XD
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Either one is fine for me as well, and I assume we're all trying to play together tonight for the Double XP thing.
    edited September 2012
    Bump for sake of date planning.

EDIT: Just found a freaking awesome trailer, check it out.
    edited September 2012
    Considering that Ponystreams (when we do have them, of which many in this thread attends) are Thursdays at 10pm, I vote we make Wednesdays our Tribes day.

Thus, I propose WILDERZONE WEDNESDAYS.

(read this Tribes: Ascend story timeline for what the wilderzone is. TL;DR, it includes all the places we fight in.)
    edited September 2012
    That is actually a really awesome title, still waiting on responses from others on workable days that said.

Paging @UPSLynx, @Pacifisto, @ErrorNullTurnip, @Cola, @Tushon, @BobbyDigi, @EMT, @FreakingEverybodyThatHasTribes

You don't have to but feedback on a date would be awesome I want to try to accommodate everyone so a date, even if you can only make it every other weeks would be awesome.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are the only days I'm consistently busy, so it sounds like we're golden for me.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I've got Soccer practice Wednesdays and don't get home 'til about 7:30 pacific. I'd be happy to go fast after that.

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    Assuming I keep the dang thing updated I'm down for most anytime.

OK scratch updating it, if I can get it to work after updating it lol