ICMC: ICTown and Build Plot Requests

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I would actually like to move my industrial plot towards the ocean as well. I would like to move from G5 to H5.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Any word on building a wall or fence with gates and doors around the town to prevent the random creep from wondering in? I know that once things are lit up well this shouldn't be a problem but it did happen from time to time on the last server.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    We still need to push the desert back a few plots....which is a major pain.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Can I claim the industrial vacated by Rob at G3?

Edited: G3 request now, to keep us contiguous.
  • You know you want G3 instead...
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I wouldn't mind taking A1 or pretty much any other residential slot along the main N/S road.
    Welcome to Icrontic d3k0y. How did you come across our community?
    I am a friend of CB's and Ben's. We play DnD together and he kept mentioning Icrontic and how you guys were finally restarting your server. I actually run my own server, but I tend to only let personal friends play so the community on it is pretty small (3-5 people), figured I would hop on your server every so often and play when nobody else was on mine.

I should also point out my in-game name is Shocks
    beuller?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Plot B2.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Sorry for not getting to the updates tonight. Personal stuff kept me off the computer tonight. I know two of you are waiting for build perms. I'll pm Ardi and he may be able to get to it before me.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Requesting industrial plot H8 plz
    edited February 2012
    Plot B2.
    Yours
    Requesting industrial plot H8 plz
    Yours

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    H8ers gonna H8
  • Plot C10
    I'll be sitting down and hoping through all the requests and doing a new available map later today. I think all of the above are fine. Those of you Moving, that's fine as long as someone else is taking over and/ or you leave a clean plot.

-Digi
    The shifting of the Plots

Facing away from spawn (North?) the left side of industrials need shifting. All roads between industrail plots should be 10 wide other than the center lane. This should line the plots up so that the outside of the outside plots match up with the outside of the residential plots. Basil's plot is to be where it is, the rest of them will need to shift out in both directions. There will be a 5 wide road all the way around the outside of industrial plots (This includes the road between the residential and industrial plots.

I will have time to go out there tonight and I have already attempted to get the message out to those effected. The main being FoolKiller. I don't know how much he has done between the last time I was on and when he got my PM but we will probably need some help moving his building after we remark the plots, any obsidian, smoothstone and glowstone donations would be helpful. Those with Diamond picks would be helpful also as we will need some obsidian moved. Do not go taking down his building unless advised by myself or foolkiller.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

-Digi
  • I can understand the flexible use of the industrial plots, but I think there should be a height limit, or a "don't build without a purpose" so that end of town doesn't get too ugly. But that's your call.
    I can understand the flexible use of the industrial plots, but I think there should be a height limit, or a "don't build without a purpose" so that end of town doesn't get too ugly. But that's your call.
    That was the point of the industrial plots so that residential didn't get ugly. Industrials blocking the sun set was an unfortunate side effect of the eventual directional layout but eventually we will have a skyline to watch the sun set behind.

-Digi
  • If they're not limited vertically until the height limit, technically we won't have a skyline so much as a wall. ;)
  • If they're not limited vertically until the height limit, technically we won't have a skyline so much as a wall. ;)
    Not really, since they can't build out over the roads.... especially now that the roads are being expanded.
    in-game name is Shocks
    Done

2 requests by PM taken care of

Also added Thracks...

The OG has returned guys. Respect!

-Digi
    Not really, since they can't build out over the roads.... especially now that the roads are being expanded.
    Psssst... yes they can (current rule is anything above 5 blocks over road is allowed as long as agreed upon by neighbors) but maybe I will put a height limit on the connections.

-Digi
  • I'd like to claim the following outland area:

x 287, z -739 to x 156, z -653
    I'd like to claim the following outland area:

x 287, z -739 to x 156, z -653
    Done.

Any of you further who wish to claim outlands plots. Please scout out the coords and I'll set your claim. I've laid out all the claims so far and we don't have any overlap. I'll see about playing in PS tomorrow to make an outline drawing.

-Digi
  • Bobby,

I'd like to revise my claim for "liberty island" from the outlying island, which seems to already have been claimed for mining by another player, to the closer island (circled in white) on the attached image. The island seems to be centered around -294, -50.

I laid out rough outlines of where the industrial plots will end (pink lines) and found that the closest island (circled in red) is very close to the road. Is there any plan for this island, or do I have your leave to remove it? Ideally, I'd like to remove the red circled island and expand the white circled island for my liberty build.

Let me know if this is okay.
    Bobby,

I'd like to revise my claim for "liberty island" from the outlying island, which seems to already have been claimed for mining by another player, to the closer island (circled in white) on the attached image. The island seems to be centered around -294, -50.

I laid out rough outlines of where the industrial plots will end (pink lines) and found that the closest island (circled in red) is very close to the road. Is there any plan for this island, or do I have your leave to remove it? Ideally, I'd like to remove the red circled island and expand the white circled island for my liberty build.

Let me know if this is okay.
    You have the admin's blessing for all of the above.

-Digi

• Thank you kindly, good sir!
    Not that it really matters, but it appears the community project section and the farming section has swapped locations. Which kind of make sense because with the way the city was put down the farm would have been in the desert.
    Not that it really matters, but it appears the community project section and the farming section has swapped locations. Which kind of make sense because with the way the city was put down the farm would have been in the desert.
    Yeah, I must not have posted that anywhere. I told Canti the wrong place to put the Skittle Farm and that was way to much work to be undone so I swapped them. The only semi-major move now will be the Nether Portal once we have a permanent location. The Castle will now be in the desert area and will envelope our community NPC village. More plans on that coming very soon.

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    How much space are we making between the desert and the last plot? I vote for a city wall with ramparts, 4 blocks thick.

It looks like we have all of the home plots cleared and some of the industrial/farm plots need some work but don't know what to do straight off the bat since I think some things still need to be shifted. Give me a heads up and I can throw down every day. There are huge amounts of sandstone and cobble around me in community chest.
    I went through and cleared up all the chests in the roads. Thanks for all the donations everyone that did that. As for walls, I'll have to look into that. We will definetely have walls around the community quadrant but should not be necesarry where it intersects with the plots / spawn. If you are wanting to move some blocks today before I can hop on, all of the desert from the plots to the river need to be cleared out.

-Digi
This discussion has been closed.